Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Snow Hammer and Bottled Up

My Son with His Partner in Crime - the BRS

Well that was fun. We were supposed to get 6-12” of snow yesterday but Mother Nature apparently was seriously POed at Worcester. The snow started before dawn and was still falling when I went to bed just before midnight. A band of heavy snow parked itself over Worcester for the better part of three hours and we got hammered. My house is very close to Holden which reported more than 25 inches of snow. It made for an interesting day on the road for my buses but we kept service going all day. This was made easier by the fact that it was basically just us and the snow plows out.
Height of Storm from my Office Window

My Best Friend Last Evening after the Initial Cuts
Keene Friend stayed over again and was a real boon when we got home and carved our way into the house. I stepped over the street side snow bank and as I made my way towards the garage found myself thigh deep in some snow drifts as the wind was also pretty ferocious. Luckily the snow as very light and my best winter friend, the snow blower, made fairly short work of the effort. I pronounce myself very ready for the advent of spring but that’ll involve some serious thawing over the next week.
House this Morning

And Tomorrow is the Ides of March
The FBR continues to be under the weather with a nasty cold, courtesy of her nomadic post storm existence from last week’s storm. Her chosen refuge when feeling bad is my daughter’s arms so predictably my daughter came down with the same cold yesterday. She still went into work today because she’d missed so much time last week. I don’t know where she gets that from. The FBR saw her doctor today who declared it was just a cold but threw some antibiotics at her for a collateral ear infection. I have a couple get well gifts, courtesy of Amazon, inbound for her tomorrow.
Wingman Took this of his Two Sick Gals Last night
Meanwhile, up in the Granite State, the BRS continues to lock down the hearts of all that meet her. After some initial resistance she successfully drank some of mom’s milk from a bottle yesterday, something the FBR never acquiesced to. I called during the height of the storm last night and she seemed to be taking the storm with complete equanimity in the arms of her other gramma. My Favorite Panamanian reported in from Panama and I forbid her from complaining about the heat down there.
Success!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment