Thursday, March 22, 2018

Dodge a Storm

The Joy of Drinking Milk Straight from the Cereal Bowl

We’ve got the Nor’easter reaction pretty much down to a drill around Worcester after three major snow storms in as many weeks. We were told to expect 8-12 inches of snow which seemed like a minor inconvenience compared to some of the earlier efforts. The weather prognosticators struggled all day to explain why we weren’t getting any snow but promised overnight we would get smoked. I awoke this morning to find barely two inches on the ground which doesn’t even qualify as an inconvenience. I'm not upset, we've more than earned our winter merit badge over the past month.
My daughter, Wingman, and the FBR were not so lucky down in New Jersey where the snow we were scheduled to receive did arrive. You’ll see from the video that the FBR is a big fan of the white stuff which means the gringo blood may be finally taking hold after the thin tropical blood of my Favorite Panamanian kept both herself and my daughter assiduously out of the cold. We’ll just have to cure the FBR of making her grandfather an immediate snowball target as soon as we’re out together. My snowball dodging days are rapidly coming to a close. We had a fun talk last night where we did some intense planning for my weekend visit. I believe I committed to a watching of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer with her.
BRS Ready for Action
I had less success with my Favorite Son. He was kept a little late at work and promised to call me when he got home. That call never happened. It’s almost as if having a one month old baby in the house can be distracting. As you can see from these pictures the BRS is well armed to serve as some serious attention competition. I can completely understand how more important tasks intervened. She seems to grow more each day. I had Keene Friend bunking at the house last night in anticipation of our missing storm and we had some quality Man Cave time with silly horror shows and superhero movies.
Sorry Grandpa

Mom and Dad were Busy
My wife celebrated her sister in law’s birthday last night and had a very good time. If I know the sister in law at all I’m can state with certitude that some of the conversation was fairly ribald and involved my wife’s geographic distance from me. My wife apologized for “having” to travel to our condo today. Facebook daily sends me the weather report for Las Lajas. The forecast today shows a high of 95° and a low of 75°. There is a chance of cloudy skies later today so she’ll have that to contend with.
Panamanian Birthday Cake

Dinner Out

Birthday Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment