Monday, July 24, 2017

Vegetative State

Reading Time with Hair Down
I’m guessing the back yard patio project (and the rush to finish) did more damage than I initially thought. I think my body is trying to tell me I’m not as young as I used to be. A fact I am already intimately aware of. I just stumbled through yesterday with almost no energy. I felt drained. I think it’s attributable to the old adage of a mind cashing checks the body is not prepared to fund. Who cares? The patio is done. The Favorite Panamanian is happy with it. I only have one major project left back there – turning the pile of excavated stones into a fireplace. That can wait a couple weeks until energy is restored to more optimal levels and its cold enough to have a fire.
Keyboarding is in her Genetic Makeup
I had the perfect therapy for the malaise – the Man Cave! I felt guilty sitting through a gorgeous summer day outside in the dark dungeon of movie watching but it was just what the doctor ordered. In addition to some Sox watching I also binged on a recent guilty pleasure purchase. Andy Sidaris was one of the groundbreaking TV pioneers who introduced the world to Monday Night football back in the 1960s. He went on to a later career directing B-movies which I was a huge fan of, usually catching them on late night cable TV in the 1980s. I recently found an anthology of all his films on Amazon for less than ten dollars. His approach to filmmaking has been described (by himself I believe) as Bullets, Bombs, and Babes. I immersed myself in the anthology yesterday. The movies haven’t aged well but still feature some of the most stunning (and empowered) women I’ve ever seen. “Medicinal” I think  is the term I’m looking for.
Hair Briefly Up



On the definitive upside I did field two very entertaining FaceTime calls from the First Blog Reader. Her parents had houseguests over the weekend whom she immediately set about charming into submission. She helped her mom prepare a quiche yesterday that I was luckily a couple hundred miles away from (hate quiches). You’ll notice in many of the recent pictures how long her hair is getting. She’s showing as strong independent streak (wonder where that came from?) and refuses to have her hair pinned up. As with most things she’s taken that to another level and refuses to allowed her mother wear her own hair up while in her presence. This young lady is going to be a lot of fun during her teenage years.

Finally, since I’ve bellyached so much about the backyard patio I decided to put together in one place all the pictures I took during the build, most of which I already put on Frail Deeds. It looks much easier than it was.
Just before I started - Note Dead Grass

Sod Removing Started

And Continued

And Continued

And Continued

Leveling Stone

Fabric Day

Border Installed

Mission Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment