Monday, July 17, 2017

Sister Visit and the Attractiveness of Turtles

Practicing her Turtle look
Yesterday was a typical Sunday in most respects with all the attendant rushing around to get ready for the week. We added a couple activities because, well, why not? We had to pick up the new car and turn over our faithful old Highlander. There is a stark difference at the dealership when they realize they’ve already got you. We were rock stars on Saturday when they were trying to sell the car to us and yesterday, while understaffed, they seemed mostly interested in getting us off the property as quickly as possible. The upside was leaving with a brand new car although now I’ve got to figure out, all over again how the gadgets work.
Heading Out on Our Last Nostalgic Trip with Old Highlander
In a move that is sure to stun my children I actually figured out how to connect the blue tooth all by myself. While they are picking themselves up from the floor from that blinding revelation I am going to tap into their IT abilities at some point because this new car has a lot of bells and whistles aimed at their generation which I am clueless about. We took the car on its maiden voyage to link up with Great Aunt down in Rhode Island.
With Great Aunt Yesterday
And Soxfather
It was so good to finally see her after relying on second hand reports on her recovery from knee replacement surgery. She looked remarkably upbeat and seems to already be testing the limits of her regimen. She’s up and moving around with a walker and Soxfather cleared the decks on the first floor to allow easy access. The biggest loser in the equation is her hyperactive, slightly psychotic lab – Remy whose access to romping will be severely curtailed until Great Aunt is more mobile.  My biggest fear is the overly kindhearted Great Aunt relaxing his restrictions before it is medically advisable.


We were walking in the door when we received a FaceTime call from the First Blog Reader. She seemed genuinely pleased to see Great Aunt and Soxfather as part of our enlarged entourage to worship her. She reserved her biggest reaction however for Great Aunt’s large turtle. She tried to cut off all human contact once she saw the immense beast. I had to return the view to the turtle three times after I made the mistake of showing him to her.

We returned home in time for my Favorite Panamanian to decide my chosen ground for the back yard patio was insufficient. I took this with more than my usual calm because I’d had a doctoral level course in this type development which is how I ended up with Deckzilla. I spent the remaining daylight hours removing half of the offending turf from my enlarged target area.
The Expanded Area Traced on Ground with Rope
Pile of Rocks Will Become a Fire Pit 





No comments:

Post a Comment