Friday, July 28, 2017

Chaos Theory

A Chaos Donor at Work
I along with the rest of the world am trying to figure out exactly what the hell is going on at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I am increasingly convinced that Trump not only foments the chaos his White House is engulfed in but revels in it. There can be no other explanation for a senior leader allowing his underlings to be so thoroughly embarrassing. Maybe this is how he operated in business but the veil of privacy/security his business affairs enjoyed is certainly no longer in place. Trump, surface thinker that he is, may have stumbled across the Art of War and gleaned the following precept as a way to operate:  “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” ― Sun Tzu.

I’m not an expert on Sun Tzu but I don’t think he meant to create chaos if none is available. The Tweeter in Chief careens from one PR debacle to another and seems to enjoy it. A lot of people were asking me this week about his transgender ban (if that is what it is). I’ve always been a fan of motivated Soldiers prepared to deal death and destruction upon the enemy. I don’t really care what is or is not hanging between their legs. My only issue is people who join the military specifically to receive the needed medical treatment to achieve their transgender goals and only because they would not be available for extended periods of time while undergoing the treatment to deal the aforementioned death and destruction.
Married to my Favorite Panamanian I have what I consider a master’s degree in chaotic thinking so I may be on to something here. Unfortunately the country pays the price for the maelstrom of distraction (which I think is really going on here) consuming the national command authority these days. On the home front Buddy the Wonder Pooch bounced back in a big way yesterday as the drugs kicked in and seemed to knock down the worst effects of whatever was causing his recent malaise. Pedestrians with the temerity to walk on “his” sidewalk in front of our house were back to being routinely chastised.

On the Train with Wingman
In New Jersey the First Blog Reader was back to her wandering ways as she and Wingman popped up at a nearby zoo. They also took her first ever train ride which was a huge hit if the video Wingman posted is to be believed. We caught up with them as they stopped off for dinner after picking up my daughter at the train station. She was still hyped about seeing the mountain lion and the goats (for some reason) but she was too engrossed with the restaurant’s TV (which she doesn’t get at home) to provide a coherent recitation of the day’s events. So not only do I finish a distant second to Sesame Street’s Elmo but any chance to watch ESPN Sportscenter also trumps Grampa (well I guess I can understand that).
Stalking Mountain Lions

So, Apparently She's Dating

No comments:

Post a Comment