Sunday, July 9, 2017

One More Wall

Conferring with my Supervisor
I hesitate to say this out loud but I may have finished my wall building for my wife’s ever expanding garden empire. After returning from the airport yesterday I made what seems like the hundredth trip to Home Depot to overload the car once again. The target was the smallest of the garden on the left of the front door. The only problem being it was a bright sunny day and the front of the house is “blessed” with almost non-stop sun. In a sign I’m truly getting old and feeble (or have had two skin cancer operations) I arranged for shade on the worksite. I also had my Betelgeuse makeup/sun screen applied to complete my ensemble.
My Leisurely Work Site
The work went pretty well except for running into long iron spikes and plastic holders for the front walkway. A smarter man would have engineered his way around it. I fetched my axe and excised the offending obstructions, brute force and ignorance = problem solved. It turned out pretty good. There were the inevitable rocks to be extricated from the typically New England soil. I used these to create a new splash down point for the rain gutters. I had to take two breaks during the day to dodge thunderstorms that surrounded the hill all afternoon but never scored a direct hit. That meant nothing to Buddy as I had to provide storm counseling during  each of these breaks.
The result


The New Splash Down point
My wife’s uncle made it safely back to Panama and arrived in time to watch the US vs. Panama soccer game which was a much bigger deal down there than here. I also heard from my Favorite Son. He and the ABFA are out on the left coast visiting the ABFA’s family in California. Never one to rest on the laurels of a cross country trip the ABFA had my son climbing walls yesterday.
ABFA on the Wall

And the Favorite Son

There was also the warmly received FaceTime call from the First Blog Reader. She had just returned from a concert in the Maplewood Town square. According to her mother she danced up a storm at the event. During the call she burrowed in to the pile of her not insignificant stuffed animal collection which was piled on the couch. She was a delight as usual.

Dancing in New Jersey
I ended the night binge watching the latest season of Jane the Virgin with my wife in the Man Cave. I may be pushing the envelope on this whole wall building exercise because I was definitely in a very “creaky” state. Just about every inch of my back was barking loudly at me. I will now turn my attentions to the back yard and the long delayed fire pit project back there.
Love the Look She's Giving Wingman

Two Generations of Beauty

Yes Grampa, You Are Required to Get in here With Me

No comments:

Post a Comment