Sunday, July 16, 2017

BBC & Thunder Run Wrapped Around Car

Wife with Her/Our New Car
Okay, I’m about to be the owner of a brand new car as I once again fell victim to my wife’s suggestions. We were supposed to just stop by the local Toyota place to see what they had to offer and as I write that I guess I should have known better. For once I’m trading in a car before I have to invest in another set of tires or major repair. We’ve loved the Highlander so much we decided to see what the updates were and that was all she wrote. There are some really cool innovations and we’re finally getting a backup alarm to go with the camera which should make my Favorite Son feel more confident in parking his car in ourt driveway.
Brew City was closed once again for First Friday but pre-warned we had a contingency plan which moved the celebration down Shrewsbury Street to the British Beer Company. The BBC was a nice vacation from our usual fare although I could have done without the flatulent Doberman Pinscher service dog at the next table over. A strikingly endowed Maitre d’ compensated for the olfactory assault.
Back Home With Brand New Knee!
The best news was a nice conversation with Great Aunt who returned  home on Friday and is rangering her way through the painful replacement knee process. Soxfather is hovering in the best of helicopter husband modes to make sure she has everything she needs. After the agonizing rest of the week it was good to hear the trademark lilt back in her voice. We’re going down to visit her later this afternoon.

The Very Fun Dinner Crew Last Night
After the unintentional car purchase we drove north for a last ride in our current Highlander. We linked up with Keene Friend and he and I were summarily dropped off at a downtown sports bar so the dynamic shopping duo could invade the tax free TJ Maxx. We did not complain. We had a nice late afternoon watching Chris Sale absolutely dominate the Yankees only to have the bullpen falter very late. By the time we made our way across the street for a late dinner the Cantankerous Friend also showed up in order to point out our deficiencies. It was a great evening surrounded by old friends and more than a couple beers. I deigned to let my wife drive the car home last night for obvious reasons. 
Meanwhile in N.J - Old Friends Got Together as Well

No comments:

Post a Comment