Sunday, March 5, 2017

Taxonomighty

My Saviors Great Aunt and Soxfather at the Scene of the Crime
Yesterday was tax preparation day where I was confined to the Man Cave office for the better part of the day. It was thoroughly appropriate since it was absolutely frigid outside in what might have been the coldest/windiest day of the winter. The plants and flowers in my wife’s gardens that started to peek out last week during the hot spell are having a tough time of it. The taxes came out okay. While I love having the low interest rate on the mortgage I wasn’t as pleased when it came to itemizing and it didn’t provide the usual push it had with prior houses. They’re done and successfully filed, at least according to the email I received this morning. The tax man never sleeps, scary thought, that. Buddy assisted yesterday in the cave by providing nearly non-stop flatulence.
The Aftermath - Man Cave Office
Great Aunt and Soxfather being assiduous readers of Frail Deeds noted that I was free last night and definitely in need of company and adult beverages following the all-day wrestling match with the US tax code. They’ve appointed themselves as my personal saviors this winter to vanquish loneliness as they journeyed up from Rhode Island again to take me out to dinner. We even returned to the scene of Friday’s crime at the 99. We were seated at the same location as the lady who was erroneously given my credit card the night before. Thankfully for everyone involved we had a different waiter. My solitude was thoroughly thrashed in the best possible fashion.
Granddaughter Chilling Yesterday - More of Her Below
My wife made a field trip to inspect our future condo yesterday and was given a tour of the actual rooms. She sent me a bunch of pictures which are included below with an explanation. It looks to be everything we hoped it would be. It should be finished in the April/May timeframe. I can already imagine falling asleep in master bedroom listening to the waves breaking on my favorite beach in the world. Friends and family – start planning your visits next winter.
View From Master Bedroom Balcony

One Half of Pool, Firepit in Top Left Corner

Living Room

Brother/Sister in Law in Living Room

Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Side View - Shacks Below will be Removed

View from Living Room Balcony

Washer Dryer Room
I spoke a couple times with the New Jersey contingent yesterday. My granddaughter was entertaining yet another of the Curbside Girls who could not have been more enchanted. In a moment I’ll remember forever my daughter told me that my granddaughter found a Patriots blanket after it was unpacked and started saying “Grampa” (actually it was “Ampa” but I’ll take it). The blanket was an exact copy of the one I have in the Man Cave (since they were both created by the ABFA as gifts for us). She remembered the one from the Man Cave and kept saying my name.

Helping Clean Up

Charging Towards Dad

Curbside Reading Session

And Some Catch

Final Unpacking
As my daughter was explaining this to me on our video call my granddaughter got up and walked over to the blanket and picked it up. I, of course, went and got mine and we were shaking our respective blankets at each other. It’s funny how a simple thing like this can so thoroughly seize your heart more effectively than any piece of literature or theatrical display. My daughter also sent pictures which captured the moment Wingman walked back into the house. My granddaughter was playing and when her daddy walked in she started doing a little jig she’s created. It’s moments like these that make parenthood the crushingly sublime experience it is.
Seeing Her Dad Walk In

And Starting to Dance

She Just Loves Her Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment