Saturday, March 18, 2017

Irish Day

Brew City Yesterday
Yesterday was St Patty’s Day which meant everyone is Irish for at least a day. Mine was decidedly more subdued than my college days when the day would dawn with me and a collection of friends at Scorpio’s Pub sucking down green tinted beer. Since I had a meeting with the board of advisors yesterday morning I decided to forego that activity; probably a good call. My college roommate apparently has not lost his edge. He’s down in Florida for spring training and since his wife (also a fellow alum of the UNH March 17s) he kept the faith.
Fellow Scorp's Survivors Kept Faith in FLA
My own observances were a bit on the mild side. I combined them with our usual observance of the First Friday of the Week at Brew City. The Brew City ladies were fantastic per usual including which may be the most fetching Irish kilt I’ve ever seen. I was too intimidated to capture it photographically, but it was the kind of thing that’s permanently seared into my memory.
The Other Brew City Lady
I planned on driving up to NH to visit the Keene Friend but they’re kicking him out of the hospital at some point today. It isn’t all good news since they had to put him back on oxygen yesterday and he’ll have to stay on oxygen even after going home. He’s not out of woods yet but going home seems like a step in right direction.

Wife and Mom in Law at Feria Last Night
My wife reported she was headed to the “feria” in her home town which is one of the big events of the year there. She sent me the accompanying picture this morning. Her mother was along so I’m fairly certain she behaved. The First Blog Reader was in fine form last night and we engaged in mutual antics closely officiated by my daughter. Since I’m not heading north to visit Keene Friend (he has a pack of friends vying to assist him in the move home) I’ve decided on a hasty pub crawl along Worcester’s Shrewsbury Street this afternoon. This represents a vain attempt at recapturing my lost honor in failing to properly celebrate St Patty’s Day yesterday. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. 
Where did that Damned Cat Go?

Got Him!

Organizing Her Corner

All is in Order

Please Mom - Let's Call Grampa Back!

Oh Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment