Saturday, March 25, 2017

Prep Phase Commencement

Great Call on the Carpet Mom
It is time. My bachelor existence has a finite period of time remaining. While this calls for joy on certain levels it also generates some trepidation as my household cleanliness does meet the standards of a certain Favorite Panamanian. When last in the house it was all prepped in disarray for the installation of the new granite counters and first floor hardwoods, so I have that going for me – it’s got to look better than when she last saw it. All of her plants have survived, against all odds considering their curator. Some serial vacuuming and bathroom cleaning lay in my immediate future and I will also attempt to make use of my wife’s floor polisher which could be a rich source of comedy unless I’m really lucky.
Tossing Cards at the Cat
Before all of those hijinks commence I’m heading north in a little bit to link up with Keene Friend to see if his recovery is everything he claims it to be. He reports the return of coughing which isn’t good but he’s also been out of the house on his own a couple times this week to run errands which is promising. I guarantee I’ll have a better time there than trying to clean the house.
I Would Have Thrown Something Much Larger
I had a nice talk with my Favorite Son last night as we was involved in his own bachelor night since the ABFA abandoned him and Riggins for a night back in her home town. He faced the same conundrum I do. He could now watch movies that wouldn’t be conducive, much less acceptable when the spouse is in residence but had to choose which one. I’m thinking a serious horror movie went down last night.

Salsa Time
I also caught up my daughter and the First Blog Reader. They were fresh off another call with my future home cleanliness inspector. My granddaughter thrilled her grandmother when she demonstrated her first ever salsa dance moves. She has the blood for it and I’m think there’ll be no shortage of encouragement in that area from both the full and halfblooded Panamanians in her life. 
Why Doesn't He Throw Them Back?

No comments:

Post a Comment