Thursday, March 2, 2017

Seclusion Time

Yesterday, for the first time since my wife departed, I truly felt isolated. This, despite Buddy’s sterling efforts in his Wonder Pooch personae in the Man cave last night. This year the feeling was delayed through the visit of the ex-California contingent and the dedicated efforts of Great Aunt and Soxfather. Regardless I found myself contemplating the lack of human contact last night more so than usual. I also found it hard to countenance that it is already March which means I’m inside a month until she returns to add the missing spice.
Buddy in Man Cave

Trying to Steal my Seat
Down in the Garden State those ex-Californians were having their first bout with the joys of home ownership with an expensive plumber visit. Their house was completely remodeled prior to their purchase and apparently the contractors deposited some heavy duty cleaning towels into the plumbing which produced the predictable result of clogging everything up.
I finally got around to watching Moonlight. I’d heard rumors that this was a good movie. It certainly was as it paints a searing picture of the life of a young gay black child whose devastating home environment causes him to build emotional walls around himself. The story is told in three phases; each dealing with a different age of the character, young child, teenager and adult. During the first two episodes there are caring people who throw him a lifeline but in each case that lifeline is compromised. It’s a very raw movie, beautifully shot with an unflinching look at overcoming life’s challenges. By the end I found myself praying Chirron would find the elusive human connection he’d been denied his entire life.
I also finished my latest book in the Marc Alan Edelheit series The Tiger’s Fate. I’m also a little PO’ed because this is the last published book in the series and Edelheit hangs the reader seriously out to dry with a huge cliffhanging moment. The first 30% of the book is spent on background but the rest is the close legion combat Edelheit excels at. Stiger’s legion and dwarf allies are facing off against an invading army of orcs which provides some brutal battle scenes. I once again sprinted through this read because Edelheit is so good at the battle scenes. I hope he’s hard at work on the next book in the series because I’m already frustrated at having to wait to find out what happens next. I guess it was a very good book.




Today’s Soxfather’s Sister’s morale photo injection:







No comments:

Post a Comment