Thursday, March 9, 2017

Falling Again

Catch Grampa!
It doesn’t seem credible that my granddaughter finds a new way to charm. I thought I’d been exposed to all of her tricks but in her ever evolving ability to fascinate she’s simply steps up her game and I’m left in awe. Most days she acknowledges my presence at the start of the video call and then marches off to find more entertaining fare – usually involving my arch nemesis Elmo. Last night she turned that trend on its head and was completely focused for the better part of the call playing games with me and demanding serial viewing of Buddy’s shenanigans.
Receiving the Ball from the Catcher

Prepping the Ball

Checking the Runner on Second 
The Windup



And the Pitch
When she wasn’t doing this she would move over to leap onto the head of sleeping Wingman. He was tired after day long child care plus continued unpacking around those duties. My granddaughter took him to a nearby playground so she could demonstrate he newly developed pitching arm (see photos) – baseball season is just around the corner.

I was back at the movie theater last night. Before I Fall was a clear miss for me. It would be what the love child of cross breeding Mean Girls with Groundhog Day would look like. As usual the progeny of accomplished parents rarely achieve the similar success. The only thing that made this watchable was the lead actress Zoey Deutch. She lends some nuance to the stereotypical high school bully. I didn’t really understand the redeemable qualities in some of her friends as Zoey is doomed to repeat the same day over and over. It may be that I just don’t understand female teenaged angst any better now than I did more than forty years ago when that species was my sole interest in life. After all the mad dodging around the conclusion was almost depressing versus uplifting. 
Delivering the Morning Safety Briefing to Her Minions

Mom - This is Private!

Secret Mission for My Nemesis Elmo

No comments:

Post a Comment