Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Chipping Away

At Her New Table
Another day falls to the relentless march of time aimed towards my wife’s Friday return. Even the snow seems to fear being around to confound her, at least the resident snow. We had a day of continuous, cold rain where it was just warm enough to make a dent in our snow pack. I can now see the edges of the lawn and another day of high sun and above freezing temps could see the end of the snow cover except for the snow banks. This, all to make a certain Panamanian’s return more palatable. The amount she complains about heat down in Panama leads me to believe she’ll take what she can get upon her return.
The New and Future Chairs
Or so I thought until I heard this morning’s forecast for Friday. It will be the last day of March but they’re calling for freezing rain and accumulation snow. Apparently someone didn’t get the memo about my wife’s return. I’ll take it just to get my partner in crime back. My hopefully last dateless date night had me back at the theater last night (see below) which turned out kind of weird. I got my ticket and was directed to one of the eighteen theaters for the movie. I sat through the previews and was surprised when the movie started up and it was the one I saw last week – The Belko Experiment. I was in theater 18 and when I rushed back to the ticket counter the young lady there apologized and directed me to theater 1. In my moves around the large theater complex I noted a very welcome development. The hallways were lined with new plush, reclining seats, obviously positioned for installation. Score!!!
Hosting a Party
My granddaughter gave me a tour of her new table and chairs yesterday during our call. Her other gramma gifted the set. My daughter assembled the set assisted by her pint sized Styrofoam eating assistant. She’s already hosted a social event attended by all the best teddy bears within range. She also demonstrated a growing love of salsa music which has to be genetic. She showed me some of her most daring dance moves before losing interest to chase after the cat (also a genetic trait).
Updated Photo of our Condo (3rd Floor Near Corner)

The Backside
I also spoke with that genome source late last night who was in high form. My Favorite Panamanian is doing her usual week long farewell tour with friends and family. Last night saw an evening spent with PanaGals and Panamanian Sangria. My wife shares a very interesting history with that liquid which would get me in more trouble than I’m willing to risk to reveal here.

I went to see Chips during my trek through the theater complex which I really enjoyed. I don’t think I ever saw a complete episode of the old television series this is based on so I wasn’t encumbered with expectations. Dax Shepard and Michael Pena make an interesting set of buddies with some real chemistry. It was nice to see Pena finally getting some top billing as he’s always killing it in supporting roles. He gets the Ponch role and plays it to the hilt as a womanizer with the unfortunate habit of serially shooting his partner. I think fans of the original series are angry because this translates the plot into raunchy comedy but it is very funny. There are too many cameos to highlight and everybody seemed to have a great time. The script is lot smarter than its getting credit for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment