Friday, March 10, 2017

Once More with Feeling

Saturday Target
My closely held hopes of an imminent spring were predictably squashed by the typical New England winter bounce back. High velocity winds tore through the area yesterday and I awoke this morning to another one of those annoying layers of the white stuff. The winds knocked out the electricity at work momentarily around midnight which meant I had to come in to open a room to flip two switches to shut off all the attendant alarms. Whoever designed this building is not amongst my favorite people, especially last night.
Buddy in the Snow this Morning
I am in a transition phase down in the Man Cave. I’ve dutifully worked my way through the stack of movies I had post-Christmas and only a few remain to be watched. Since taxes are over I moved the large table I’d used for document spread into the television room and laid out the first of the 1000 puzzles I also received for Christmas. Buddy knowing this means a reduced level of human-canine interaction took his usual tact of trying to disrupt the set-up. His tail is a deadly weapon in his efforts and as we all know if something falls tot eh floor it belongs to him.
Man cave Re-Configured
I’m late to the activity this year because so much else has been going on. That is precisely because those activities are a very good thing. I’d much rather be hanging with the people I have been over the past month and a half then fitting jigsaw pieces. I doubt I’ll be able to get to all the puzzles I received. I did re-learn what an effective counter-measure they are for the slow pace of time during solitary living.
First Night's Work
I’m most excited though about tomorrow’s road trip to New Jersey. My first official visit since my daughter, Wingman, and the First Blog Reader moved into their new home. I see it almost every night during our video chats but it will be cool to make the trip if for no other reason than to firmly establish how close they are now; at least compared to Glendale, California.

Helping Dad

Explaining What She Wants to See

Telling Mom to Stay Back During Construction

Giving Wingman Some Pointers

Supervising the Final Phase
I am hereby predicting I will become very good friends with both the Tappan Zee Bridge and the Garden State Parkway. I should say reuniting because, for many years, before I found the Pennsylvania alternate route, these were passed through on all of my many trips from Washington back to New England. I felt no nostalgia whatsoever about that but the venerable Tappan Zee is being replaced by a monster bridge going up right next to it. It will be interesting watching that rise over the next couple years. I plan on passing that way. A lot. No blogging, probably, until Monday – much more important things (throwing aforementioned granddaughter into the air, etc.) will occupy my time. You are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment