Sunday, January 10, 2016

Rhody Football and Family

I got just what I needed after the Friday good news and that was a day spent with my sister and her fabulous in laws. Friday night, despite the kitchen pyrotechnics, was kind of lonely with no one to celebrate with (sorry Buddy). I journeyed down to Rhode Island in the late afternoon along with the Wonder Pooch so he could reacquaint himself with his canine cousins.
Sister, Namesake Nephews and the Fabulous In-Laws
My brother in law took me over to his brother in law’s house to watch playoff football. We watched the first game there and saw what the Patriots will be up against next weekend. It was a very fun “guys” afternoon of football, beer, and snacks. Spending time with these excellent people, all who were praying for me over the past weekend was more than a lot of fun. As the game was concluding we stopped to pick up my sister who had been communing with her canine pack. We and the rest of the family were heading over to my namesake nephew’s apartment to celebrate his birthday. He recently moved in with his girlfriend and she was preparing what turned out to be a fantastic dinner for everybody. I really liked their apartment, a perfect size for a new couple just starting out.
The Rest of the Table Including Nephew's New Roommate and Great Cook
The entire clan gathered to celebrate and spent nearly a solid three hours of laughing non-stop, just great people. We also took in the start of the second playoff game. We didn’t push our luck since the birthday boy had to get up early today to go to work. Those of not so afflicted returned to our earlier location to watch the end of the game. It was worth it since we saw, once again, an epic meltdown by the team from Cincinnati. It makes you appreciate the Patriots all the more when you see these classless clowns embarrassing themselves.

Cake Time!
While I enjoyed watching the games the very best part of the day was the time spent with my sister and her in laws. As stated above, it was the very best medicine I could have hoped for. The delayed celebration was more than redeemed, in large part due to the people I was blessed to hang out with.
My Father in Law in Panama with the Hat I was "forced" to Buy

California is Also Heard From - First Blog Reader Yesterday



Daddy Time


No comments:

Post a Comment