Saturday, January 23, 2016

Descent into Multi-Tasking

My Wife in Boquete Yesterday
I’ve decided my somewhat suspect psyche cannot endure another solitary weekend. The only salve that seems appropriate and available is a thunder run up to my hometown and staying up there to watch the football tomorrow. The Keene Friend and I spoke last night and he said he’d been expecting me even though we hadn’t made plans until last night. He’s been reading the blog and my ever increasing complaints about solitude. That’s what cool about lifelong friends – they kind of know.
Where She Saw Some Rainbows
I’m seeing the reports of the massive snowstorm down in the DC area. We’ve got lots of friends and some family down there so it’s hard not to feel a little bit of sympathy, especially with hopefully an atypical government response. I feel like saying, “welcome to our world”, but that would be cruel. We did have at least three of these type storms last year with one of those well into the forties in terms of inches. At least a lot of the snow will melt quickly down there and the roads will be cleared by late March.
Puzzle One Down
After a rousing First Friday that ended all too soon I returned home to assist the Wonder Pooch with finishing off the first 1000 piece puzzle of the year. I kind of surprised myself by finishing it in less than a week; a true testament about the level of entertainment available at home.
The Favorite Panamanian reported in from Panama where she had just returned from the Carnival celebration in the mountain town of Boquete. From the look of the accompanying pictures, she had a very good time.  She wants to insure everybody traveling down in a couple weeks brings at least a sweatshirt because the temperatures in Boquete approach  the rarified cold of the low sixties. As I look outside at a temperature gauge reading 14 degrees I think we’ll be able to survive the 60’s.
Some More Pictures from Boquete



Since I’ll be up in Keene until tomorrow night following the Patriots win all the myriad Sunday tasks have telescoped back into this Saturday morning. I completed my weekly pot roast last night while working on the puzzle so next week’s lunches are all set. This morning came with the ritual watering of my wife’s vast array of house plants (all still alive!!!), three loads of laundry, house cleaning (Buddy and I are not the most orderly in terms of upkeep), and a trip to the grocery store.
Foundations Complete
I did receive an update from the builders  of our condo down in Panama yesterday. With the start of the dry season the construction is starting in earnest with the foundations laid and work starting on the first floor apartments. I've included a few of the pictures they sent which include what will be the view from the first floor towards the beach. Just imagine the future pool in the intervening area and you can understand why we're so excited. Anybody interested in joining us down there there are still condo's available. I should probably mention here that if I refer someone to the project who purchases I could get a refrigerator and all the air conditioning in my condo paid for, just sayin.

This is the View Towards the Beach

Sun Setting over the Pacific
I am so ready to get out for Worcester for the weekend but I couldn’t leave you without your daily ration of Californian perfection:
Oh Mommy Had to go Back to Work!

Visiting Mommy at Work

Means More Dad Hangs

Which is Kind of Cool

Ready to Attack the Day

Life is so Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment