Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy Dancing, Smoke Alarms and Frail Milestone

Conquered Again!
I was biding my time at work yesterday for the always slow Friday afternoon waiting for the appointed hour of First Friday celebrations. Why does time slow down only when something much anticipated is in the works. After the past week I needed the medicinal effects of demon alcohol. In the midst of this frustrating episode I received a message that I needed to contact my doctor right away, not the sort of message, given the past week, one ignores. When I finally made my way through the myriad phone trees associated with reaching an actual human the doctor revealed he had received my CT scan results much earlier than expected; UMASS Memorial scores again. He said the results showed no abnormalities (insert Cantankerous Friend snide comment here) and none of the really serious issues he thought might be causing the headaches. Combined with the blood test results which were all normal this was very good news. To say this was an immense weight off my mind would be a vast understatement. It also made for a very entertaining First Friday.
The doctor also said he had been arguing with himself when he saw me on Monday whether he should send me right to the emergency room, not exactly reassuring. He said he felt validated by the results of the tests but he had been second guessing himself all week. I’m glad he didn’t share this information with me earlier. Since all the direst possibilities have been ruled out we still need to figure out what’s causing the headaches. As long as it’s not cheeseburgers and beer I’ll be alright. He’s going to set me up with a neurologist to see if a head doctor can figure it out. So, cue the happy dance.
I noticed in passing that yesterday’s blog post was the 1500th since I started Frail Deeds Dancing. This has gone on much longer than I ever imagined and has certainly evolved over the years. I find myself glancing back each day to re-visit some of the days I’ve chronicled over the past four years, some more than others. Most of all I enjoy it immensely and find myself looking forward to writing, which is kind of weird. I’m still not sure I have anything important to say and the writing talent is certainly pedestrian at best. I guess I’ve fallen into a hobby and since I still enjoy it, I’m going to keep doing it, please accept my profound apologies.
Wife and Fam on the Boqeute Bridge
My wife reported in from Panama where she spent the day scouting potential christening sites when the First Boog Reader visits Panama next month. She was up in the mountain town of Boquete which in one of my favorite places in Panama and where we’re going to stay when we’re there in February. She complained about the heat in David, where her parents live, but I have scant pity for her as I watch the snow falling outside here.

Some Views of Boquete Yesterday




Wife's Two Sister and Niece

Lunch - Niece at Bar Within Walking Distance of House Wee'll be Renting
I was rescued by modern technology yesterday after First Friday. As stated above with certain lagging worries vanquished I may have indulged a little too heavily at Brew City. When I returned home I decided on some celebratory cheeseburgers. After putting the burgers on to cook I settled in to watch the evening news. I awoke to hear virtually every smoke alarm in the house going off and a very concerned Wonder Pooch. I guess I’d underestimated how tired I was due to my lack of sleep over the past few days (that’s the story I’m sticking to). In the good news department after opening all the windows and doors to clear out the smoke I was able to save the burgers! (They were a little crunchy). My wife may be on to something about her worries of me operating unsupervised. 
As always - photographic reports from California:
And Grandpa's

Reader Just Like her Mom



Finally Starting to Accept a Bottle - Needed Since Mom Returns to Work Shortly

Still Reading

Daughter Met Up with Group of Friends that all had November Babies - Looks Chaotic but Fun


No comments:

Post a Comment