Sunday, January 3, 2016

Family Time

As anticipated I received a lot of sisterly feedback on my medical comments yesterday. I am required to give a detailed after-action report to her and my son when I finish with the doctor tomorrow. Other people opined that I should immediately go to the doctor since these were sudden onset headaches. If I survive the night I hope to put those concerns to rest. The headaches only come when I overexert so this is a perfect opportunity to enter a vegetative state on the couch, one of my Sunday afternoon passions. One just hopes the Patriots don’t lay an egg down in Miami today which would raise my ire level to what I’m sure would be unacceptable levels..
So Much Fun with this Gang Last Night
Yesterday was just about a perfect day, at least following a trip north for dinner with the ABFA’s parents in Hudson, NH. It was kind of a sendoff for my wife who heads south on Tuesday for her three months of parental help in Panama. My Favorite Son and the ABFA also journeyed over from Portsmouth to join us for an evening filled with conversation and cementing plans for our joint February adventure to Panama. While our son meeting and marrying the ABFA was a definitively excellent development, getting to know her parents has definitely been the icing on the cake. It feels like “family” whenever we get together, so last night was just what the doctor ordered.
An of Course, THIS Guy
ABFA Showed up with a Bottle of Wine Encased in Chocolate
Talk About Wheelhouse
The star of the night was the cat of the house, Rudy. A very large cat whom my son has adopted as his partner in hijinks whenever they are together. Rudy ruled the room from his lofty perch until sent into hunting mode by my son’s laser light. The cat has the weirdest water drinking habit I’ve ever seen. He treads the water in his bowl for a while and then shovels the water into his mouth using his paws. I know it sounds strange but it was immensely entertaining.
Rudy the Large Presiding from his Perch

Shoveling Water
We made a FaceTime call to the Cali-Daughter and caught her in a frenzy trying to carve up a whole chicken in the allotted time my granddaughter granted. All first time mothers knows the importance of those rare occasions a new born provides peace and quiet to accomplish mundane, yet required tasks, like eating. She was a good sport about our intrusion. She did have her nose a little out of joint about my comments on a photo yesterday. Apparently the baby pictured behind my granddaughter in one photo in yesterday’s blog post was of the female variety and not male as I assigned. It made a better story the way I wrote it so I was not properly apologetic.

ABFA, Son and Rudy
Wingman was out meeting up with a friend visiting L.A. Unfortunately the First Blog Reader was quietly sleeping and her mother was not going to disturb that with some grandparents’ laudatory comments, which sometimes push the decibel level. We had to make do with some of the daily photos she sends. As you can see – more than adequate.




Reading with Wingman

No comments:

Post a Comment