Saturday, January 16, 2016

Dueling First Fridays

Wife, Brother and Her Squad of Panagals Out First Fridaying in Panama
My wife decided to honor the tradition of celebrating the First Friday of the Week in the tropics last night. She squired her brother and a squad of Panagals to a local establishment to mark the event. We had our usual call after my own celebration and she indicated she would give me call when she returned home, that never happened. I’m guessing she had a good time and the pictures she sent confirmed the presence of sangria which historically resulted in some very spirited behavior from my Favorite Panamanian. My First Friday ended around 5pm so I think she won.
Meanwhile in Worcester - Excellent Boss and Operations Guy
Pigeon the Table
My excellent boss turned a very funny trick on my operations manager. He’s well known for his outsized personality. He’s a single guy pursuing a lady so his attendance at First Friday has been “spotty” at best. He, of course, takes an immense amount of good natured ribbing from the excellent boss and me on this subject. Each week he does deign to bless us with his presence he sends out an e-mail proclaiming the “Proud and gallant eagle will attend” usually accompanied by a picture of a robust bald eagle. Not one to let this type of hyperbole pass by unchallenged I usually respond labelling him a pigeon instead of an eagle. It’s truly amazing how many pictures of funny pigeons are out there (see below). At any rate the excellent boss purchased a fake pigeon and delivered it ahead of time to Brew City. With the assistance of the fabulous wait staff the pigeon was delivered along with his first beer. His reaction had the entire bar in an uproar – too funny.
Delivery of Pigeon

Like I said - Wierd
It looks like the decision not to venture north today for the football game is validated. The streets were covered in ice when I got up, which was followed by rain and it is now snowing like crazy outside. Any New Englander will tell you that’s a recipe for disastrous road conditions. The weather prognosticators predicted an all rain event so I think the city was caught with its pants down. The roads have yet to be touched. Good day to complete some series binge watching, jigsaw puzzles, and of course the New England Patriots’ march to their next world championship.

Meanwhile out in California the Cali-Daughter and the picture of perfection that is my granddaughter (no abating yet) continue to amaze and dazzle. My daughter published her best films of 2015 list and I think we agreed this year more than any other, which means two of mine made her list. I count this as progress. Enjoy some perfection.






No comments:

Post a Comment