Friday, January 29, 2016

Final Pub Crawl Eve

I started in November to commemorate my 60th birthday with what could charitably be called a series of pub crawls. I commenced operations with a modest effort in Portsmouth, assisted by the stalwart Favorite Son and ABFA. It was followed by a legendary effort in my hometown with a crew too numerous to mention. Refer back to the November posts to glean a full appreciation of the epic inroads into sobriety made that day. It will be a day long remembered (make sure you use the appropriate Shakespearian pronunciation of that last word). We happy few.
The November Crew
I mention all of this because tomorrow the final chapter will be written with a Worcester Pub Crawl down Shrewsbury Street. It was obviously supposed to happen much earlier but the serial holidays and associated partying near the end of the year kept delaying opportunities. I’ve gathered an all-star team for tomorrow’s crawl as well as some local talent. My sister and brother in law fresh off their heroic November performance return as well as my cousin who vows to remain awake for the entire crawl this time. I learned today that Keene Friend was defecting and unable to attend so there’ll be a serious lack of filter available. If I get into trouble I’m going to blame him. If you’re going to be within crawling distance of Worcester tomorrow and want to join in, give me a yell.
A friend recommended the Showtime series Billions which started a couple weeks ago. I caught up on it last night and was really impressed. Paul Giamatti, who’s incapable of doing anything bad, in one of two leads, playing the US Attorney in New York City. The other lead is Damian Lewis who was so good in Band of Brothers and Homeland. He plays a self-made hedge fund billionaire. The two men are circling towards a confrontation and I really enjoyed the first two shows. There’s a very interesting graying of right and wrong. It’s well worth a watch if you have Showtime.

What would a blog post be without further evidence of Californian perfection:




No comments:

Post a Comment