Saturday, November 7, 2015

Weekend Anticipation Sondrome

I’ve got nothing this morning. Last night in the middle of my usual Friday night excess I had several cogent concepts I planned to explore in withering detail this morning, expanding the horizons of all fortunate enough to wander by Frail Deeds. I wake up this morning and I’ve got nothing. One more crime to lay at the feet of demon alcohol which prevented me from ascending literary excellence this morning. I’ve got to start writing these ideas down when they occur but that pre-supposes I’d be able to read my handwriting which is atrocious when I’m full on sober. At least several friends and relatives were treated to the re-emerging tradition of Friday night phone calls wherein my normal taciturnity is vanquished.
It Was Friday Night, After All
I’m a little excited because I leave shortly for a trek north into New Hampshire to link up with my favorite son and the ABFA. Part of what is turning into my month long celebration of my 60th birthday includes a mini-pub crawl in Portsmouth. Since my son is responsible for exposing the pub crawling opportunities offered in the port city he has only himself to blame.  We’re going to try to catch the latest 007 flick (which I’m hearing troubling remarks about from the Cali-Daughter) before the pubs.

High Winds Blowing Away Most of Remaining Foliage
I Didn't Even Know there Were Houses on Far Ridgeline
Yesterday was spent in barely subdued anticipation of the impending trip north. I’ve got my annual physical next week so yesterday was the fasting bloodwork draw. I also had a couple shots (flu and whooping cough) to take that my daughter required from prospective grandparents to gain admittance to California. One thing I’ve noticed with the ketogenic diet – you really miss breakfast if it is delayed. After being prodded and injected I made my way to the closest diner to remedy the cravings. I think the waitress was a little scared by the crazed look in my eyes when the bacon appeared. I had to finish a huge project at work off which went right down to finish line for First Friday ceremonies which provided the sought after decompression from a very full week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment