Monday, November 2, 2015

Rhode Island Red

I went zoning in Rhode Island yesterday which completely vanquished the forces of loneliness which were already in full flight after the Saturday with my sister and brother in law. Since the Patriots had yesterday off my brother in law as available for Red Zone attendance at his brother in law’s house and invited me down to share in the camaraderie. Buddy was less than pleased to spend the afternoon of his designated bonding time alone but I paid him off with a large rawhide chew toy (he’s kind of easy that way).It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and so much easier to get to now with the move to Worcester. My brother in law’s sister was fresh off a crime fighting role in Providence where she served as a jury foreperson and had the defendant charge the jury box when he disagreed with their guilty verdicts. A couple Taser shots and seven deputies later she was called upon to continue reading the verdicts (sounded like a lot of fun).
Red Zone Crew Yesterday
My sister came over for part of the time to cast aspersions on her husband’s fantasy football team’s selection. Their team was playing my team and it didn’t go well for them initially. It got infinitely better later in the night and I think I’m going down for the second week in a row. At least the Cantankerous Friend will be happy as he’s convinced the commissioner, my favorite son, is conspiring against him. Just because he’s afflicted with rampant paranoia doesn’t mean he’s wrong though.
I came home to relieve Buddy of his boredom and spent a couple long phone calls with the California ladies. The First Blog Reader seems more and more imminent but my daughter seems to be cruising through her late pregnancy period with complete equanimity. If you hadn’t guessed I’m a little proud of her.

Hosmer's Mad Dash
I was saying goodnight to them just as the Royals improbably tied up what turned out to be the deciding World Series game. The dash home by the Royals player in the ninth inning was one of the most audacious but awesome plays I’ve ever seen – total guts. Once the Royals got beyond d the Mets’ starting pitching you had to figure it was over and a few innings later – it was. Royals seemed destined this year but the Mets look dangerous for years with that pitching.
Today's Sartorialness

No comments:

Post a Comment