Wednesday, November 11, 2015

First Blog Reader Arrival!!!!!!

Tough Sun Field
Everything else is going to have to wait because the whole reason I started this writing thing has manifested herself out in Los Angeles. You’ll have to forgive me because it’s hard to concentrate and write coherently when you’re afflicted with nonstop smiling and happiness! It’s kind of appropriate my Army brat daughter initiated the next generation on Veterans Day. At least we’ll never forget the date and it’s appropriately a national holiday. But all mention of Veterans Day, along with movies and books will wait for tomorrow. Today is all about the First Blog Reader.
Daughter Last Night

Her Abuelo Called her "Popsicle" When She was Young - Still Has the Urge

Able Assistant Wingman Prepped for Arrival Ceremony
Buddy and I Sending Good Thoughts Last Night
Cali-Daughter and Wingman went in yesterday for their pre-natal visit which semi-rapidly evolved to a natal one. Yesterday was the scheduled due date and I guess the First Blog Reader really did get the punctuality gene from her Anglo-Saxon side of the family. When they did the measurements they determined the baby had increased in size to the point she was maxing out the available accommodations and sent the parents to the hospital to commence birthing operations. It’s totally reminiscent of her own birth, spookily so. They spent the night in the hospital while inducement efforts commenced.

The Proud New Family
Just as I was arriving at work this morning there was a flurry of activity as the doctors made the same decision they made for my daughter’s birth – C-Section because the baby was starting to struggle a little. Shortly thereafter I received the news that I was a grandfather of a beautiful, healthy, and very strong young lady. More importantly my daughter was fine as well which had haunted my mind all night. My wife made it to the hospital to greet the new mom as she came to the recovery room and they both burst into tears when they saw each other (kind of like me now as I think about it).

The new baby girl is strong, already lifting her head, which I guess is early. Wingman was at my daughter’s side throughout and reports the new mom was real trooper over the very long night. I think the cosmos was paying her back for what she put her own mother through. My new granddaughter (gotta get used to that) looks exactly like her mother when she was born. If she turns out to be half the daughter her mother has been then they are truly blessed.


I can’t seem to stop smiling and at some point I’m going to stop doing this silly happy dance on top of my desk (apparently bad for employee morale). I never thought I would experience this feeling again but as soon as I saw the pictures I was madly in love, exactly the same feeling when I met the new mom and her brother for the first time. I think I’m going to like being a grandfather (a seismically massive understatement).  Pardon me while I leave now and do some more smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment