Saturday, October 25, 2014

Frisky Friday

I really needed yesterday.  Even Irish ballads and Travis McGee couldn’t completely lift the doldrums of three days of cold, late October rain.  The Nor’easter finally left for Canada and allowed a half day of sunshine for our bruised spirits.
An even better salve was an early First Friday celebration at Brew City.  Along with the regulars we had some co-workers who’d achieved “lightweight” status for their spotty attendance record at First Friday show up.  This event has genuinely evolved into a semblance of those cherished Friday afternoons from my military career.  After a tough week at work it was fun to gather with my co-workers and blow off the requisite steam.

When I was serving in an infantry unit the officers invariably ended up along the bar at the nearest Officer’s Club to conduct a thorough after action review of the week past.  It was a feeling of brotherhood and shared goals without focus on rank or position.  It also contributed significantly to our work precisely because rank and position were not as important; oh did I mention the beer!. 

In news sure to make the ABFA happy my realtor called to say it was time to discuss lowering the price of the house.  I told her since it was only going to be on the market for another couple weeks I would not do that and handcuff me with a lower price when it goes back on in the spring.  I’ve resigned myself to not selling before it goes off the market on November 15 and I’m completely okay with that.  The prospect of leaving this house turned out to be a lot harder than I imagined.

Zorba's Last Night With my Date
First Friday frivolity was followed with dinner date with a gorgeous Panamanian which was the final piece of the resolution to the doldrums issue.   She’d spent part of the day applying her nascent grandmother skills with the next door neighbor’s twin babies.  She was gushing just a bit about how cute they are.  She also caught me up on the tropical shenanigans of the Panagals, a source of never ending amusement. My excesses at the recently enjoyed Pumpkinfest means I’m back on a strict keto diet for a couple weeks so no pizza was in play.  I assuaged that pain with a healthy hunk of prime rib and somehow survived.  I pronounce the rain/work induced doldrums professionally expunged.
PanaGal Sighting in Panama
My Wife's Twin Sister with Orange Hair
The Teachers Get to Dress up for Some Arcane Reason

No comments:

Post a Comment