Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ebolotomized and Decade Long Sublimity

Before I launch into my daily rant I should preface my remarks by stating without equivocation that I hold nurses in general and the nursing profession as a whole in the very highest of regard.  I was raised by a nurse, almost married one, and my sister is a nurse.  I could not think any higher of them – they are nobility personified.  That is probably why I reacted the way I did when the self-important idiot nurse who returned from the Ebola ravaged zone, was placed in quarantine and then loudly claimed her civil rights were abused.
Get Over Yourself
I’m the first one to take the news media to task for over dramatizing “news” to be more entertaining and they’ve certainly ratcheted up the panic level with their breathless covering of all things Ebola related.  However if I’m a nurse returning from West Africa where I had daily contact with Ebola victims and I have a fever during airport screening I would demand to be sent to quarantine – not complain about it.  Grow up – you embarrassed your entire profession.
On a decidedly happier note – yesterday marked the ten year anniversary of the miracle that was the 2004 Red Sox.  People outside of New England will never fully understand what that meant to us.  There are times when sport transcends and lifts.  I can still remember the mad dance I did behind the couch in our Virginia home when the last out was made completely delirious while screaming – “They did it!!”  They did it the right way by going through the hated Yankees in a fashion that forever shattered that team’s illusionary dominance.  That raggedy team of bearded wonders will always occupy a very special compartment in my heart. Just remembering those moments make me smile.

Thank You Guys 
It would not be appropriate to finish today’s blog without noting our epic victory in fantasy football over our long time tormentor – our daughter.  My wife and I watched on pins and needles as we gradually pulled ahead last night.  Our daughter was a gallant foe but Garcon could not hope to match Murray even with all his fumbles.  The win is fitting revenge for the pummeling we endured in our first ever fantasy football game at her hands.  It doesn’t range up there with the win over the Yankees, but it’s in the same ball park.
My Son and The ABFA were At Gillette to Steer the Pats to an Epic Victory

No comments:

Post a Comment