Thursday, October 30, 2014

End Reign

The Red Sox reign as the Word Series Champions ended last night when the San Francisco Giants were crowned.  My wife and I were rooting for the plucky Royals but the Giants earned the win or more correctly Madison Bumgarner earned the win.  There should be plans in the city by the bay for a street named in his honor because clearly they would not have won without him.  The Royals were simply incapable of scoring against him. 
I can now openly criticize the Red Sox without feeling disloyal or unappreciative.  I hope they were watching to see they’ll need to knock some of the rust off their effort level going into next year, well that and acquire some semblance of starting pitching.
The Cantankerous Friend surfaced again yesterday riding to the rescue of the idiot Maine Ebola nurse.  The Cantankerous Friend spent the last couple weeks creating a bright blue dot to scar the Red Zone state of South Carolina.  I’m glad he survived the experience; I’m guessing he wasn’t as strident while there.

Since tomorrow is Halloween it’s appropriate to once again mention the scariest movie ever made - The Exorcist.  Seeing this movie when it first came out with Keene Friend and my valiant older sister was hands down the most scared I have ever been in my life (well that and my wedding day).  I’ve been shot at and was not as frightened as I was during that movie.  I can remember begging the characters not to go down the hallway leading to the possessed girl’s room again.  This movie haunted me for years (I don’t think it’s finished with me yet). 

Damned Cat!!!!
Trying to sleep the night after watching the Exorcist for the first time I got an even bigger scare which I’m surprised my heart survived.  While I lay wide awake staring at the ceiling, still petrified from my cinematic experience, a less than beloved household cat peered down at me from her perch on top of a dresser next to my bed.   The ambient moonlight made her eyes glow green in a fair semblance of Linda Blair’s worst moments.  I was petrified, until I figured out it was the soon to be airborne qualified feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment