Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bruin Recovery Strained

Back Yard This Morning - Bright Moon over the Pine Tree
My wife recovered well enough from her cold yesterday to host a surprise dinner guest as one of the Latin Mafia showed up unexpectedly to compare the last throes of the flower gardens.  This amped up the decibel level in the kitchen to the point that ear phones were required in Couch Potato Position #1 as I wandered through all the blu ray extras for Edge of Tomorrow which was even better when I watched it for the second time. 
Buddy and I Last Night
Buddy shared my concern for the auditory level (loudest one gets to talk) and joined me on the couch.  He’s picked up a new habit of sitting down next to me and then leaning back until he falls on his spine next to me.  This leaves his belly in prime rubbing position which he graciously allows me to administer.  Yesterday he enjoyed it so much that he didn’t bother to get up and actually fell asleep.  My wife thought we both looked ridiculous enough to snap a few photos.  Buddy earnestly believes he is human.
Then He Fell Asleep
Something decidedly not human is a TV series my son hooked me up with – The Strain.  I watched the season finale last night and it’s scary enough to only view during daylight hours.  A master vampire is slowly taking over NYC as legions of victims are turned.  If you haven’t seen this yet and enjoy the horror genre – check it out.
Speaking of horror shows, with the Red Sox season ending in July I missed my nightly sports watching outside of getting pummeled on Sunday in fantasy football.  That was corrected last night as the Bruins returned to action.  They still play in the slow, methodical, almost maddening manner which has the sole benefit of being extremely effective.  They won a thrilling game in the last two minutes over a tough Philly team.  I love the pace of hockey compared to other sports and the athletes actually seem to care about the fans which is nice departure.  The advent of high definition television has made it a lot more watchable as well. 

Kelly Scores Winning Goal Last Night
If he Returns to Form We Could be in for a Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment