Monday, September 15, 2014

Rebounds

Keene Friend Late On Saturday - He Did Eventually Make it All the Way Upstairs
Yesterday arrived a tad early based on our Saturday night exertions.  Buddy demanded and received an early morning walk through Keene with our host while the wife continued to relive her sobriety test courtesy of the New Hampshire state police.  She was texting all day with the PanaGals reliving her experience and by the evening the story (as is the case in most type situations) had grown in the telling.  She was revered for her bravery at overcoming the impediment of squiring two such imbeciles as me and Keene Friend around.  I think the part where we cheered her successful completion of the test played extremely well down south, with appropriate embellishment, of course.  One of the PanaGals even created a couple cartoon characters to memorialize the event (see below – my wife made out better than we imbeciles).
My Wife

Keene Friend and I
Prior to leaving Keene we eased over to a local diner for breakfast. Diners always serve the best breakfast food and carry the added benefit of making you feel young. I say this because we had to have been twenty years younger than any of the other patrons.  I don’t think the youth of Keene arose at the same hour we did. I experienced my usual separation anxiety as we pulled out of town but the red zone and couch potato position 1 beckoned for an ambitionless Sunday afternoon.
Youthful Diner Recovery Operations
I fully expected to have my ass handed to me again this week in fantasy football because I was up against Wing Man who is an established master of the sport.  I now have two theories.  The first is that he, as any gallant wing man would, took pity on me after his wife’s merciless drubbing of me last week.  The second is that he was so busy with a big concert in Chicago that he wasn’t paying close attention to this non-paying league.  It didn‘t help that his #1 draft pick was Adrian Peterson (enough said).  If I can read the tea leaves correctly I am going to win since I’m ahead with all of his players done and one of mine still to play.  I’m sure this is nothing he’s going to brag about.  Me, not so much.
Wing Man (on the Right) at Work in Chicago Yesterday
The Patriots decided to start their regular season yesterday which was welcome even if a game late.  It started out horribly as the Vikings marched down the field resembling nothing if not the week 1 Dolphins.  All silliness was then put aside as the Pats defense stepped up and ended the mythic one game run towards Canton by their former backup quarterback Matt Cassell.    Brady still hasn’t rounded into form yet but this team will be a handful if he can figure out how to throw to anyone other than Gronk and Edleman.
Group Hug for Old Friend Matty
The Cantankerous Friend finally surfaced on Facebook late yesterday to accuse us of ditching him on Saturday despite his failure to answer messages combined with his well-known lack of Saturday availability.  I luckily was able to produce the time stamped call we made to his parent’s house trying to recruit him.  I didn’t have the heart to tell him we were actually headed towards his house when my wife met up with the state police.  She refused to drive any further than Keene Friend’s house after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment