Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dental Heat and Waffles

I had another appointment yesterday with my new and extremely attractive dentist (dutifully reported to wife).  I found the upside to a hot dentist is very small fingers so there was no attempt to stretch my lower lip over my chin.  The downside is that damned male pride which has gotten me into so many health related issues in the past.  There was no way I was going to answer in the affirmative when she repeatedly asked me if she was hurting me at all (just a flesh wound).  My attempt to be suave and debonair failed miserably when during the final rinse I forgot my lips were temporarily incapacitated by Novocain and dribbled water all over myself.
The Start of My Football Fantasy Career
I could have used some more Novocain for my bruised ego as my first fantasy football weekend mercifully drew to a close last night.  Is losing to your daughter 128.5 to 69.7 some sort of record for ineptitude?  Looking at the league standings I managed to select the worst, by far, team.  At least I had fun on draft day but this promises to be a loooong season.The stake was firmly driven into my chest last night with my daughter's player lighting up the scoreboard while mine seemed to be in some sort of animated coma.  As I pondered my humiliation my faithful companion Buddy the Wonder Pooch requested his late evening constitutional.  It was nearly midnight but when I walked outside I was inundated with light. They weren’t kidding about last night’s harvest moon, it was cooking.  Living in the country, away from city lights, can offer some spectacular night skies.  Last night was a perfect example and I appreciated the splendor of Mother Nature as a salve to a battered ego.
Last Night's Moon Burning through Clouds
In other NFL news Ray Rice was finally given the punishment he deserved for knocking out his wife.  Any man cowardly enough to strike a woman is beneath contempt and he should have been shown the door months ago.  The NFL finally acted when they saw the video of the punches, apparently for the first time, yesterday.  This begs the question about what they thought happened in the elevator when they saw him dragging her unconscious body out which resulted in only a two game suspension.

How Did They Think She Got There
The Waffler in Chief will bestow his strategic vision on dealing with ISIS this week.  His hesitancy and mixed messages over the past year will serve him poorly in executing it since he’s allowed them to burrow into the infrastructure so effectively.  I’ll wait to see the follow through because every time in the past few months he’s made a decisive statement about the situation (or any situation) he invariably backs off, sometimes in the same press conference.  It’s time to stop being a community activist and act presidential.  A Damascus to the Euphrates parking lot seems appropriate at this point. 
It's Time 

No comments:

Post a Comment