Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Safe Date

Yesterday was a miserable day, weather wise, in Worcester.  We certainly needed the rain but spring rain always seems more depressing for some reason, could be the cold temperatures.  I didn’t get a chance to take my daily run.  I swore when I left the Army that I would not run on rainy days.  I spent too many days doing that while in the Army and decided I would take that one advantage to being a civilian.  We also learned that the new fare boxes don’t like rainy days which made for an interesting day at work.  After a day like this it’s so great to come home to a real bubbly personality which I certainly have in my wife. She was just coming in from a yoga class and was full of information and guidance for me.  Buddy and I quickly went into the receive mode and enjoyed the energy.  Last night was also date night so my wife and I headed out to see the movie “Safe” that latest Jason Statham thriller.  He plays the same deadly, kick ass character again, but boy is he good at that.  He’s also my wife’s latest heart throb so she was gushing about his shirtless scenes.  The best part of the night came when we were back home and my wife was diligently investigating the internet shoe market and we were surprised by a Skype video call from our daughter and son in law.  He just got back from some European tour dates and it was good to see them together again.  They seemed moderately happy about it also.  So, rainy day, sunny wife, one for the win column.    

No comments:

Post a Comment