Thursday, May 17, 2012

Off the Disabled List

The Perils of Transporting Diet Coke in a Gym Bag
Yesterday I gave my back it’s first chance to work out since I injured it a few days ago.  I went for a run and then later in the evening I tried swimming for the first time since I hurt it.  When I got my running gear out in the office I discovered that at some point in the last few days I had spilled a soda on the white shirt I was using to run.  That meant I had to use a covering shirt that I normally only use when it’s cold.  Yesterday was in the high 70‘s so I also had that going for me. The run was pretty much okay but I could definitely tell I had been away from it for over a week  When I was younger I could miss a couple of weeks and pick it right back up but that factor seems to shrink significantly as you get older.  Now if I miss even a couple of days – there is a price to pay.  I was paying a lot yesterday but the back held up pretty well.  The swimming was a little tougher, especially when I went to make turns.  Apparently the back is very important in making these turns because the back was barking pretty severely when I tried my normal turn.  I tried a bunch of very exotic turning methods.  Luckily I had the pool to myself so no one else witnessed this performance comedy or when I tried to get out of the pool.  It was a less than graceful act.   It felt so good to get back in the saddle.  I shared a very funny moment with one of my friends yesterday.  He is doing a job search and was perusing a potential employer’s web site when he ran across the picture below.  It’s of another friend of ours, who can be cantankerous at times.  He had also gone through a job search recently.  Apparently this photo was being used on the web site to show how professional this company was and what quality individuals they attracted.  My friend and I laughed so hard because if the other friend knew about this we would not hear the end of it.  I just hope he doesn’t read this blog. I have to admit he cleans up well and I’d hire him.  It points out how small a world the internet is creating.
I Didn't Even Know He Owned a Suit

No comments:

Post a Comment