Saturday, May 26, 2012

26.2

26.2 Shortly Before its Demise and the Free Glass
Yesterday saw another visit to 5 Guys for a burger lunch – you just gotta love it!  Did I say I have a great boss?  It was kind of a quiet day because a lot of people seem to have launched out on the 3 day weekend early.  It was unnaturally quiet around the office.  My boss took a couple of us out for a First Friday celebration.  We went to Brew City and had a really good time.  There was a saleslady from Sam Adams circulating the bar giving out free samples of a beer called 26.2.  Now I am not going to forgo an opportunity to broaden my horizons and it had nothing to do with the large tracts of land in evidence so I did try the beer.  It was great!  As we spoke with the land owner she said this beer is only brewed once a year around Patriots Day and then only distributed to the bars on the route of the Boston Marathon.  They had a couple of extra kegs and were marketing it in Worcester.  She said if we bought one from the bar we would get a free Sam Adams beer drinking glass to go along with it.  My entrepreneurial spirit was engaged and I was shortly the proud owner of a Sam Adams drinking glass.  I still don’t understand why you would market a beer that won’t be available until next year but I’m not complaining.  It was good beer.  The wife and I ended up back at the true Zorbas with their giant sized pizza last night as sanity returned.  My wife got that mischievous look in her eye when the waitress asked about desert and we shortly thereafter splitting a chocolate lava cake.  This is a real departure from my wife’s usual almost Spartan control of my calorie intake but I was not complaining.  We took a walk back home and saw some of my wife’s flowers which are in full bloom with all the rain we’ve had.  She’s got the proverbial green thumb and I love that she finally has gardens she can truly call her own to nurture.  We do have a three day weekend but we’re going to spend a large part of it travelling to and from New York City for a wedding.  The best part of that will be seeing our daughter.  First I have to get the lawn cut and Buddy has to deploy to Rhode Island since he was not invited to the wedding.  Next week is looking up because I checked Facebook this morning and an old Army buddy that I haven’ seen since 1994 contacted me and we’re having dinner on Friday. 
Very UnSpartan Lava
Full Bloom


No comments:

Post a Comment