Saturday, January 16, 2021

Temporal Faux Pas

My Favorite Panamanian only occasionally reads Frail Deeds which has saved my butt more times than I care to count. Not that I am not scrupulously honest and would never, ever exaggerate her activities, just saying. I mistakenly recommended she read yesterday’s post about our civil wedding anniversary which really isn’t considered our anniversary. She thought it was quaint and then pointed out we had been married for 39 years and not 38 as my post proudly boasted. Whoops! Homer Simpson said it best, “D'oh!”. She took more than appropriate amount of pleasure in pointing this out to me as well, that’s what THIRTY-NINE years of marriage will do to you.

I’ll have to log this down as a major miscalculation that I am sure will come back to haunt me if I ever question my wife’s math skills again. The rest of Friday evening was a true delight. There was an added bonus that my daughter and Wingman were able to stay on the Family First Friday Facetime call longer because the FBR misbehaved. The misbehavior occurred earlier in the week but it resulted in the FBR’s loss of Friday movie night which is why her parents usually have to sign off the Facetime call early. Are you still following the bouncing ball?

At any rate I was scheduled to reach my newly installed limit of three Frist Friday celebrations with subsequent zoom call to my Roothugger Army buddies as well as my wife’s family. The Roothugger call was its usual combination of jokes and catching up. It’s so cool these friendships are still so potent 27 years (and yes I checked to insure that number is correct) after we were all last together at Fort Leavenworth. I journeyed upstairs from the Man Cave after that call expecting to join my wife’s family only to learn that it wouldn’t be happening. My wife laid the blame on her younger sister, known to my kids as “Tia Loca”. My Favorite Panamanian opined that a telenovela was apparently more important to Tia Loca than laughing with her family. Now that will get me in trouble with my queridissima hermanita.

Tia Loca

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment