Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Evictions and Moaning

Today is an important date in the history of our republic as the House takes up an impeachment vote against the fomenter in chief. Trump’s apologists are reduced in ranks because of the heinous nature of his insurrection but there are still an obstinate few who fear electoral backlash if they don’t back Trump. These people are in serious need of backbone replacement surgery. I would think the opportunists amongst them would at least think a convicted Trump would remove him from the presidential contest in 2024 and leave them an opening. That would require strategic thinking which most of them are incapable of. Some news organization ran televised comments from the 2016 primary from some of Trump’s now biggest supporters – Cruz, Graham, etc., etc. It was hilarious because the comments were scathing and history has shown them to be remarkably accurate on how Trump conducted business. Politics is indeed a dirty business.


While the upcoming eviction at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave has most of our attention, there was also a notable expulsion up in New Hampshire recently. The ABFA and my Favorite Son were evicted form their bedroom by none other than BR3. I’ve written before about the sleep issues that arose (purposeful choice of words there) recently. BR3 still sleeps in the master bedroom because the planned move to her own room was delayed by the ongoing renovation. With her parents at their last vestige of reliable consciousness they decided they would move to the guest room and leave the master bedroom to BR3. Apparently, she’s been waking up in the middle of night repeatedly and sees her parents nearby as an opportunity. My son reports a couple nights of almost blissful sleep since the move. BR3 is also repeating back her abuela’s sing song melody from our last visit. I think it sounds more like a moan but I am not known for my musical acumen. The Day Care teacher told my son that BR3 was making a weird moaning sound and rocking back and forth – the power of the grandparent manifested!

Daughter and FBR Snapped a Selfie
To Capture the Rare Pee Wee Lap Time for FBR

FBR Reading to her Class
The FBR has had a rough week. She followed up a contentious Monday with a failure to improve Tuesday. That generated some written apology notes to her offended friends and a hope for an improvement today. I’ve mentioned before that since learning how to snap screen shots during our Facetime calls, the FBR has become sneakily proficient at this. My daughter sent this photo which she said represents only one of the “millions” of photos of us she found on her iPad. She may have been exaggerating. I hope.

Wife and I as Captured by FBR During FaceTime Call
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment