Friday, January 22, 2021

First Among Fridays

Well, there is certainly a serious amount to celebrate on this First Friday of the Week. Not that I needed a whole of inspiration to begin with, after all, Friday. I was genuinely worried about late night host Jimmy Kimmel would do once the Trumpster became an ex-president. Trump has served as the basis for most of his comedy for the past four years, some of it incredibly funny. If Kimmel is going into a funk because of the loss of his comic foil he certainly went down with a bang. I was half-dozing last night with the TV on when this video came on. I could not stop laughing and was so wide awake afterwards that I couldn’t fall asleep until nearly 1am. Totally. Worth. It. (NOTE: I've been told if you are reading this on a mobile device the video will not show up - recommend doing a search on You Tube for Kimmel farewell to Trump - worth it)

Along with millions of others I bought a lottery ticket today. Who cares if the chances of winning are 350 million to one, we’re talking nearly a billion dollars for the winner. Of course, after taxes we’re probably talking about only a few hundred million, but that buys a lot of Coors Lite as well as a permanent happy hour. My Favorite Panamanian would probably insist some of it go to charity. Do bars impacted by the pandemic count as a bona fide charity? Things that make you go, “Hmmm”.

My Boy!!!!!
I didn’t think it was even possible but I find myself even more proud of my Favorite Son. He received a huge promotion this week at his firm, being elevated to Senior Project Manager! This is a result of his extraordinary hard work which includes crisscrossing New England each week to supervise his wide spread construction projects. I’m glad he works at a place where his initiative, intelligence, and attention to detail are being appropriately recognized. Of course, I could be a little biased, but his bosses think the same as I do. Congratulations Big Guy!!!!

Photo from Front Lawn of Our Condo This Week
Got to Get Back Down There!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment