Monday, January 4, 2021

Silence Sounding

I guess the old Simon and Garfunkel song was on to something or just maybe my limited artistic abilities are finally developing. At any rate, with our return home yesterday, I certainly was inundated in a pool of silence. I know this is the normal state of nature for our home but I was induced into a false sense of cacophony over the past few weeks with my daily association with granddaughters. The FBR’s not inconsequential stay with us over the Christmas holiday was followed by extended time with the BRS and BR3 since last Wednesday up in New Hampshire. They are not a quiet bunch, something I love about them.

I sat Down to Play with BR3, the BRS soon Wormed 
Her Way in to Establish her Primary Position
Riggins Wasn't Far Behind

My Favorite Panamanian in Blissful State
We returned home yesterday after spending all of 2021 (so far) with my Favorite Son’s family. We were pandemically isolated but that was okay since we got to spend that time with my son, the ABFA , and the aforementioned granddaughters, the BRS and BR3. After second Christmas and New Year’s Eve we enjoyed the time spent that dynamic duo.

Second Christmas Tree

Abuela Crowning the Princess BRS
It was certainly fun as I was pressganged by the BRS into becoming her game partner. We played a serial game of hide and seek as well as inventing new games. One involved throwing the ball at my face and laughing uncontrollably if I had to dive and catch the ball. Then there as the dancing on grandpa’s chest which had me very nervous about an impending leg drop onto my exposed face. The ABFA was well aware of the BRS’ tendencies and sternly warned her against the face smashing.

BRS Tossing Ball to me (seated) While
Riggins tries to Intercept

BRS Favorite Moment - When I had to Dive
Our house was also quiet because my Favorite Panamanian, the usual decibel donor, immediately took to bed when we arrived. I guess I wasn’t the only grandparent pushed by the physical requirements of keeping up with a two year and a seven month old. It was also a result of sleepless Saturday night which occurred due to an unfortunate amount of fudge consumed. She stayed up to watch Tenet with my son and I while serially eating fudge. She was trying to figure out what was going on (a necessary reaction to this Christopher Nolan flick). The caffeine resident in the fudge had the predictable effect of previously mentioned sleepless night.

BRS on 2d Christmas Morning

Son Assisting BRS - She Opened her Last Gift two days later
It Was a Process
The ABFA provided all the photos on the blog today and they tell a better story than my fractured prose. It was a great visit that was only compromised by its end which, as with any case involving time with granddaughters, was entirely too soon. I retired to the Man Cave to watch the end of the Patriots’ year as the bill finally came due this season for two decades of dominance. There were some bright spots with some of the young players as they beat the pathetic Jets. At least some things remain unchanged in this pandemically challenged world – The Jets still suck.

BRS Consulting with Favorite Teddy

Very Best Christmas Gift of 2020 - BR3

Latest Checkup Recommended More Tummy Time for BR3
Something She was Not Happy About

BRS Knocking Out some Lunch Prior to Play Dough

Riggins and I Compromised After My Legs Extended into His Space

BR3 Sampling her First Ever Hojaldra

Hang Time with BR3

The Princess BRS

BRS Dancing on Grandpa's Chest

Abuela's Patented Tickle Bites

BR3 in Workout Mode

Tummy Time Together

Trying to Teach Olaf to Follow Blue Light

BR3 Questioning - Who is this big Galoot?

New Year's Eve Cookie Production

BRS Organizing her New Slime Collection

ABFA was in Charge of Putting Marshmallows on Sweet Potato
Casserole - This was the Result - Can Someone Say Sweet Tooth

Grandpa Trying to Figure Out New Toy for BRS

Abuela Doing the Same for BR3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment