Friday, January 8, 2021

Moving On

I’m still incensed by the actions of Trump and his allies leading to the insurrection on Wednesday. It would seem some form of reality is finally seeping into the president’s head as he belatedly conceded this morning that he lost the election. This means he has been knowingly and effectively lying to his supporters since November. Those of us outside that group have realized that since the beginning and I hope some of those supporters appreciate they’ve been taken advantage of again and hopefully are not some of those who donated money which was nothing less than a cash grab by Trump. I fervently hope he is fully investigated for where those millions of dollars from duped supporters end up. Today he also pledged an orderly transfer of power (2 months late) and that he would not attend the inauguration, so win, win.

BR3 Celebrating her Work

The Artiste at Work
Hope springs eternal and I have no less than three virtual happy hours scheduled for today. This has been a week calling for a beer or three and it just so happens to be the First Friday of the Week! I completed the latest puzzle using my new puzzle table (who even knew that was a thing!). Out of the six puzzles I received for Christmas there as no doubt which one was going down first. I’m now trying to figure out how to glue it together so I’ll have an FBR poster. Santa surprised the FBR with a last item from her Christmas list finally arriving yesterday. It’s a pixie drone that actually flies so the cat could be in trouble.

The Latest Puzzle

FBR Celebrating her Newest Drone with Wingman
We also heard from my Favorite Son and his gang. BR3 now responds to my Favorite Panamanian when she starts singing, repeating the sequence back. BR3 is also embarking on her artistic career which has been limited to foot painting until yesterday, so, a breakthrough!  We noticed the FBR and BR3’s eyes are almost identical. Cousins! Today is also the birthday of my Namesake Nephew who unfortunately I will not be able to down some cerveza with, another reason to damn the pandemic. On the upside we have committed to righting this wrong as soon as inoculations permit. I’m so proud of the man he has grown into being as a cracker jack mechanic, owning his own home, and understanding the importance of family. Love you nephew!!

Birthday Boy!

Wife Snapped this Pic Yesterday
Scandalized the Neighbors would see my Pandemic Outfit
My Trek to Become a Fashion Icon Continues
Who said you Can't match Plaids?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment