Monday, January 18, 2021

Familial Tradition Intact

Family rituals are very important and some of them generate the deepest positive sentiments possible. The one our family saw this weekend is decidedly less so but at least both my wife and I are at the point that we can actually laugh about it. The BRS acquired her very own Barbie mini-car and the first thing she did was engage in that family tradition. The custom that I am speaking about it running into my son’s car. During our time in Charlton, first my wife and then I rather spectacularly backed into my son’s car while it was parked in our driveway during a visit.

BRS In her New Ride, Son's Car in Background
The BRS, seeking to solidify her standing in the family, took like a fish to the water with that tradition. As soon as she got into the car for the first time, she made a bee line until impacting my son’s car. As I said, we can laugh about it now, but it has taken a number of years to arrive at that point. My son says the BRS is now terrified of her new acquisition and they’ll have to work at coaxing her back into the driver’s seat. That may not be a bad problem to have as I envisioned this precocious young lady taking off on joy rides whenever the mood struck her.

Screenshot from FB Facetime Call
We Were Hiding Under Blanket to Avoid Monster Detection
Graphics Courtesy of FBR
The FBR was in full atonement mode this past weekend as she tried to overcome her behavior peccadillos from earlier in the week in the hopes of salvaging a Sunday movie night. Without being asked, she cleaned up all her toys in both her room and the living/play room. This was uncharted territory for this young lady who has always been a donor of chaos versus an agent of order. Movie night was saved.

Latest Puzzle
I completed another puzzle over the weekend as the number of football games available is tragically decreasing. “Young” Mr. Brady established yet another milestone with his new team in leading them to a conference championship game in his first year. It was almost nostalgic hearing the familiar cadences being barked out last night. My Favorite Son convinced me to watch the HBOMax series, The Titans, I’ve binged my way almost all the way through it over the past week. It’s typically dark, which seems a requirement for the DC universe, but I’ve really enjoyed the action. It’s not as if there’s much else to do in Pandemia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment