Saturday, May 9, 2020

Snow May

Okay. This has to be said. It is almost the middle of May and we had a significant (for May) snow storm this morning. It’s been a weird year weather wise already, now we have murder hornets and a May snow storm. Oh and then there’s this minor event called a pandemic. At a certain point I think it will be time to declare 2020 a complete failure and move directly to 2021. Although, one of those silver linings that can always be found is the new way we’ve found to celebrate the First Friday of the Week.
Favorite Panamanian and I Ready for First Friday
The whole family gathered around the IPad screens yesterday for another memorable group Facetime session. Great Aunt phoned in momentarily from the hospital and then Soxfather joined for the entire call. Both granddaughters had only passing interest in listening to the adults talk but it was once again a fabulous way to spend a Friday afternoon. Even though we’re required to be inside during these times it is something I think we should continue to pursue when we’re released from confinement.
Deckzilla This Morning
Now, as to that weather; I woke up this morning to some significant wind driven snow. I cannot remember ever seeing snow this late in the year. The white blossoms from the front yard tree were competing with actual snowflakes, in May. My Favorite Panamanian decided to remain incased in quilts when I got up this morning because she didn’t want to see it. I’m glad because weather like this might delay our return from next year’s planned retirement sojourn in the beach condo until June. The lady just despises snow.
Latest Quarantine Puzzle

Wingman Made a Homemade Pizza During First Friday
A Friday Family Tradition for us as Well
Left to my devices I am predictably down in the Man Cave where I knocked out another jigsaw puzzle before coasting through the internets. It’s sad but certainly predictable that both sides of the political spectrum are attempting politicize the virus. We should just get through it, together, and throw the wingnuts from either end of that spectrum to the wayside.
FBR Back in her Favorite Throwing Lane

Way Too Charming

Miss Hugging her, Obviously!
The FBR was very pleased yesterday that Wingman was able to return with her to rock strewn stream where she has so much fun throwing said rocks into said stream. The park had been closed for a couple weeks preventing that activity. If nothing else the FBR will emerge from the pandemic with a very strong throwing arm and the ability to skip stones. Who knows when that will come in handy?
BRS Attempting to Consume her Thank You Cards

She Preferred the Taste of the Pink One
The BRS also prepared some thank you posters for her day care center teachers although the ABFA admitted the BRS was more interested in eating the heart shaped posters than anything else. My Favorite Panamanian was thrilled to receive a couple Mother’s Day presents in the mail yesterday. A vat of M&Ms from our daughter and a hand painted poster from the BRS which is now proudly displayed in our kitchen. Finally is it appropriate to mow the lawn with snow on it? Questions I never thought to ask.
BRS Artwork
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment