Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Covid Funnies


As I wander through social media each day I run across some really funny messages about our current crisis. That’s one of the things I really miss about my time in the Army and specifically in the infantry. No matter how cold, wet, frustrated, and dog tired you were every outfit had a couple of “wits” who would create a joke about whatever dire circumstances we were in and allow everyone to laugh at the situation. Social media is doing the same thing for us now so below I’m passing on some of the funniest I’ve seen over the past couple weeks.
Thankful FBR
The granddaughters continued their own role in morale operations last evening. The FBR is a huge fan of the recent Onward movie which has elves casting spells with a wizard’s staff. In the video below she picked up a dead branch and started casting her own spells. Luckily for her parents she does not appear to be magically adept as she was trying to self-levitate. Earlier in the day, since this is teacher appreciation week she created a poster to thank her pre-school teachers. Wingman also deserves a thank you for the yeoman work he’s done in that area since the schools closed (see memes below).
Spell Casting

But No Levitation
The BRS was on one of her daily walkabouts the neighborhood with her parents when we caught up with her. She was staging a mini-protest by lying face down in the middle of the street. Luckily they live in a cul-de-sac with virtually no traffic. She loves being outside and was protesting my son’s intention to bring her inside for dinner. She grew animated when a group of older neighborhood girls rode by on their bicycles. My son says she desperately wants to be friends with them. The BRS saw the same group earlier since they were wearing shorts the BRS started rolling her pant legs up to match. I guess it starts early.
007 Progress






















---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment