Thursday, May 21, 2020

Preempted


Yet another day wading through the dismal swamp that is the coronavirus pandemic although there does seem to be definite signs of that proverbial tunnel light. I was back out in the Favorite Panamanian’s vast garden complex starting work on the next retaining wall after work last night. It was a glorious spring day (finally) and even my wife wandered out a couple times which tells you the temperatures have definitely improved.
BR3 - Already Pristinely Photogenic
My excavation work was interrupted by the nightly call from the FBR and her parental units. We can now take these calls out on Deckzilla since my son and daughter upgraded our Wi-Fi coverage at Christmas time. We were enjoying the call when the FBR noticed that they were receiving an incoming call from my Favorite Son. Apparently the lure of talking with her cousins greatly outweighed grandparent time because we were summarily dismissed. In reality I love that these remarkable young ladies are establishing a bond. The FBR’s name was one of the first words the BRS learned and she always brightens up whenever the FBR is online. I hope I’m around long enough to watch them grow up together.
The Newest Wall Started
We talked later with my son and he said they got along great during the call. The BRS was developing a new pizza eating technique while we talked. She was dipping her pizza into a glass of ice water. My son tried to get her to stop, to no avail. After a short while she told her dad she didn’t like the taste of the pizza after she dunked it and seemed to blame him for this development. BR3 was awake during our call and is developing quite an appetite. She had her first doctor’s appointment this week and has already started putting on weight. They are also transitioning her to the basinet to sleep as she initially refused to sleep lying flat. It’s fun to see the obvious confidence the ABFA and my son have with their second child; nowhere near as scary as the first.
The Two Trees From Yesterday's Post
The New Front Yard Tree

The Former Front Yard Tree
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment