Monday, May 11, 2020

Salmon Success and 200K


For those of you out there intensely worried about the gastrointestinal health of my Favorite Panamanian – you may exhale a sigh of relief. Yesterday I successfully concocted my first ever meal consisting of fresh salmon steak. The fact that I was preparing fish should indicate yesterday was something out of the ordinary and it was certainly that – the covid quarantined Mother’s Day. While confined to home it was still a fun day as we took several calls from both the New Jersey and the New Hampshire contingents.
The BRS Laughing at Terrorizing her Abuela
She Could not Get Enough of this
I was struck, again, by the deep pool of talent the family is blessed with in its mothers. I was also pleased to see that both my Favorite Son and Wingman went out of their ways to honor the special ladies who bore their children. The FBR and BRS were very funny as they both seem to appreciate that yesterday as all about venerating their moms. It was easy for them to do so when they are confronted with that excellence on a daily basis.
BRS Giving the ABFA Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed

With her Abuela in Less Quarantined Times
My Favorite Panamanian awoke to my “go to” move which is Mother’s Day breakfast in bed, as did both my daughter and the ABFA. One of the funniest moments of the day was a Facetime call with the BRS. She and my wife got into a game where the BRS would utter her patented dinosaur roar whereupon my wife would cower in abject fear. The BRS thought this was high entertainment and laughed uncontrollably. The FBR was back at her rock throwing stream as Wingman evacuated the house to give my daughter some peace and quiet.
FBR Back at her Rock Throwing Stream

Working on her Aim
I wasn’t the only one nervous about preparing salmon for the first time. My Favorite Panamanian, the designated and volunteer guinea pig for my culinary explorations, took it upon herself to closely supervise my efforts in the kitchen, smart girl. I, in turn, exuded patience as I was instructed on the proper way to measure with teaspoons and how to turn the oven on. It was Mother’s Day after all. We sat down for dinner with the number of the poison hotline readily available. I could tell I had done it with the look of abject surprise on my wife’s face. She liked it, in a real Sally Fields kind of way.
My Salmon Success
In what I counted as a huge win she, between phone calls, consented to descend into the Man Cave and watch a couple movies with me. All in all it was a very good day where I felt the mothers in my life received the love and honor they richly deserved. I noticed today that Frail Deeds Dancing had gone over 200,000 all-time views. I know this is a small number when compared to sites that probably do that in a couple hours but I was a little stunned that this small effort aimed at my family and more specifically my granddaughters would generate that kind of interest. There was a surge of views yesterday from Turkmenistan, of all places. We live in a very small, if currently isolated, world.
007 Progress - Only One to Go!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – inbound granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment