Friday, May 22, 2020

First Ever Three Shower Day


I know there are friends and family who think this development is long overdue but yesterday, for the first time in my life, I took three complete showers. This after maintaining a steady two showers a day record since the return of my Favorite Panamanian. One of her pandemic response actions is, since I still go into work every day, requiring me to disrobe when I get home and immediately shower. Add to the normal early morning shower I was feeling fairly pristine lately. I returned home last night from work and started in again on the newest retaining wall for my wife’s vast garden complex.
1 Week Old!!!!
After a couple hours I ran out of bricks so I made an early evening trip to Home Depot for more. Since I had ventured out into the wide contaminated world my supervisor required another shower. Following some debate she agreed it could wait until I finished my work outside. That turned out to be good call because I would have been looking at a fourth shower. Cutting turf and digging in typically rock laden New England dirt can cause a sweat not to mention a generous helping of back pain. I’m about two thirds of the way.
Wall Progress
Yesterday was also marked one week since BR3 arrived on the scene. During our call last night I heard her make a noise for the first time. Granted it was only an indignant squawk but I’m counting it. For the other six calls she was always sound asleep. I have it on good authority from her parents that her vocal range is profound. The very toughest part of this pandemic mess, is not being able to hold my granddaughter for the first time as well as visit her two cousins and their parental units. Meanwhile in New Jersey the FBR is already demonstrating she inherited her mother’s and abuela’s fashion sense. My daughter told her to choose her own outfit and this photo captures what resulted. The gal has style and luckily avoided acquiring my complete lack thereof.
The FBR - a True Fashion Explosion!

Neighbors are Selling their House and Got This Drone Photo Taken of Our Neighborhood
I finished my march through the Jason Bourne movies last night and was reminded just how good an action series this is. It was also interesting to watch directly after watching all of the James Bond movies. Jason compares very favorably. I never thought Matt Damon could pull off the part but he’s magnificent, totally believable, and maintains the everyman quality that’s defined his career. This is my ranking for the films even though I would recommend any for a watch. They lost serious points in Supremacy for killing off Franka Potente.
1 – The Bourne Identity
2 – The Bourne Ultimatum
3 – Jason Bourne
4 – The Bourne Supremacy
5 – The Bourne Legacy
My next adventure will be the extended versions of the entire Lord of the Rings saga, starting with the 4 Hobbit movies and then the revered, by me at least, trilogy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment