Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Wonder

Daughter and Wingman at Yankee Stadium Last Night
If the visiting Panamanians wanted to get a taste of less than tropical weather then the past week has been fruitful. We set a record in Worcester yesterday for the coldest day in history for that date. When you combine that with a steady cold rain it was one of those days best left out of the conversation. It was the first time ever having the heat on in the house in June; needless to say I was not involved in that decision. The weather has also kept me from re-attacking the back hill project with the waiting bricks taunting me from their soggy piles.
View from One Floor Above Our Condo

Yep, A Lot to Like
We received some additional photos from the construction firm down in Panama as the condo project nears completion. Do I hear the claxon bell for retirement ringing more clearly now? We were denied a FaceTime call with the granddaughter last night because her parents had the temerity to locate a babysitter and travel into the city to see the Red Sox play the hated Yankees. I can, of course, excuse this action as long as they promise to bring my granddaughter up as a diehard Red Sox fan. The wayward parents did a fantastic job at the Stadium last night delivering a satisfying win over the pin stripers
Well Done


I missed most of the game because it was date night. I coaxed my wife out into the rain to see Wonder Woman. I have a new favorite movie of the year as DC comics finally deliver on the wealth of lore they are blessed with. I was incredibly impressed with Gal Gadot and not for the usual reasons. I’ve always thought she was a bit stiff if undeniably gorgeous in prior movies but this was a part she was born to play. She’s confident, physical, and sneakily funny throughout. I thought they spent a little too much time on her mythical island which had a hard time not seeming silly but as soon as she is thrust into World War 1 Europe the movie soars. Chris Pine tags along as her less capable, but “above average” counterpart. I thought this would be the hardest of the DC heroes to effectively bring to the screen but boy was I wrong, Gadot and the movie are truly wonders.
Don't Know How they Managed to Leave this One Behind



No comments:

Post a Comment