Thursday, June 8, 2017

Fruitful Conversations

The Stiffest Challenge in Avoiding Healthy eating
Cantaloupe. I find it hard to countenance how it evolved but my granddaughter joined a long list of women in my life who have tried to convince me to eat more fruit. She loves fruit (which I ascribe to her Wingman or Abuela bloodlines) and last night during our FaceTime call she tried to share her dinner’s worth of cantaloupe with me. We have a shtick where she shares items of food with me and I pantomime eating it voraciously. Taller women than she have tried to get me to eat healthier for my entire life. I don’t think she’s going to be any more successful than they have been.
Hard to Resist
There was a very funny moment when the FaceTime call came in. She was talking to her abuela because I was out on the back hill on my stair project. As she is wont to do she demanded that we both appear on the screen together. My wife took the IPad out onto our deck and when my granddaughter saw me walking up she turned around in her chair to look out onto the deck at her house. I don’t think she’s mastered the spatial differences involved between New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Stair Progress
June weather finally appeared yesterday so I was able to get out onto the soggy back hill. My wife’s Tio insisted to be there with me (honest). I may not let him return to Panama as I’m getting used to having a partner on my various projects.  He’s been incredibly helpful round the house claiming that he is only working hard to stay warm in our chilly gringo weather. My next task is convincing the Wonder Pooch that I’m not building these stairs so he can climb the hill to defecate; a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment