Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Chipmunk Whisperer

The Whisperer
Monday finally gave me a bit of break yesterday and I certainly needed it after my foolhardy but fun operation to drive back and forth to DC over the weekend. Work was the usual chaos on a Monday after an eventful weekend installing some major route changes and the forced departure of a cretin masquerading as an employee. I locked a couple of subordinate managers out of the staff meeting when they decided it was okay to show up five minutes late while they finished up their smoke break. They erroneously judged that I was a kinder, gentler soul after moving up to the GM position.
My Wife Forced this Hat Upon Me when my granddaughter summoned me to the Pool Last Week

Miss Her, Lots
Back at home, the Panamanians have moved into what I comically (at least to me) refer to as the acquisition phase of their visit. My wife’s uncle leaves next week and is setting out to make the “required” purchases prior to his return. They returned late last evening after a pillaging episode in a local Wal-Mart. One of the routine events of this phase includes the purchase of an additional, larger suitcase to handle the supplementary freight that will return with him to Panama. We have the added bonus of a weekend in New Hampshire coming up with the advantage of tax free shopping there. At least I have it on good authority that they serve beer in the granite state so I should be covered.
Yesterday Wingman Found her Dancing in the Shower in her Winter Boots
Because, Well, Why Not

Today Elmo is Teaching her About Sitting up While Eating
It looks like some small rodent is burrowing under the wall of the middle terrace out back. When I asked my wife about it she remembered a story from the First Blog Reader’s stay with us last week. She and my wife were outside sitting on a stone wall separating us from the next door neighbor. While my wife talked with the neighbor one of the ubiquitous chipmunks appeared on the stone wall. Despite the best efforts of the neighborhood hawks we have a burgeoning population of the little fellows, including one under the front stoop.

My granddaughter was of course enthralled seeing him and immediately walked towards it. My wife assumed he would scurry away as they are hard wired to do. Instead he let my granddaughter approach and actually pet him a couple times while my shocked wife looked on. He then took off for his burrow and my wife intercepted the attempted sticking of the little one’s arm into the burrow. I’m guessing the chipmunk realized she posed no threat and I’m wondering if he took encouragement from the exchange to dig into my terrace for a home. I might just leave him alone since he seems to have the granddaughter seal of approval.
Deckzilla Dancing

Hard at Work Writing Great American Novel

Do Not Disturb

Lecturing Dada and Grampa

Past Weekend Shopping

Late Night Latin Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment