Friday, June 30, 2017

Evening Garden

Fresh out of Swimming Pool
I’m really beginning to think my Camry could be on the verge of staging some sort of formal protest against the abuse I’ve subjected the poor beast to over the past couple days. I loaded even more weight last night than the night before and it once again handled the load with an adroitness that belies its usual uses. We made it to the top of our hill with no problem which was followed by the usual unloading and excavation.
The Poor Camry Loaded up
I was unsupervised for yet another night because the neighborhood Mafioso had kidnaped the resident Panamanians for a trip into Boston. As my wife’s uncle’s days in the US are dwindling they are trying to cram as much sightseeing in as possible. I got another third of the way down the wall before they showed up fresh from Quincy Market clam chowder and the inevitable shopping.
Mafioso and Panamanians in the Hub

Mother in Law and Wife's uncle in Boston
I was buoyed during my run to Home Depot and later on the wall with a call from New Jersey. Seeing my granddaughter twice was a real treat and more than made up for the missing call from the night before. My daughter had the day off as her husband was winging off for a couple days to support a friend. The first call saw them out on the deck where the Frist Blog Reader got herself into trouble when she tried to share her glass of water with me by pouring it on her mother’s IPad.

The First Night's Work
Tonight sees us all up in New Hampshire for the wedding of Keene Friend 2 and his longtime girlfriend. I’m psyched to see so many friends whom I’m sure will be in attendance. Due to our increased entourage I’ll be staying in a hotel for the first time ever in my hometown and am kind of sneakily looking forward to it. This has nothing to do with the fact the hotel is smack dab in the middle of my usual pub crawling environment.
As Far as I got Last Night

No comments:

Post a Comment