Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Household Supremacy

Tough to Go to Work and Leave the Commander
My wife has ceded her commander in chief role within our household to the small dynamo known as the First Blog Reader. You’ll notice I made no spurious claims as to my position in the food chain. We have her in residence until Thursday and she dominates through sheer force of personality. It’s bad enough on Monday forcing myself to go into work but having to leave that smiling young face is truly the acid test. For both of the past two days she goes to the front door as I'm pulling away from the house - call it psychological warfare. I told her I had to go to work in order to keep financing her abuela’s toy buying spree which she is a direct beneficiary of. She smiled and clearly said, “More toys?!”. I’m doomed, happily so.
Goofing Around in Front Yard After Saying Goodbye to Me




Mondays seemed to have taken a special glee in confounding me this year. After extensive reconnaissance I’d found a couple back streets that allowed me the quickest commute into work. I turned yesterday onto the final street only to find the road closed and evidence of flooding. A 12 inch water main (vintage 1911) had burst and created a huge sink hole in the middle of the road. So I performed some even more extensive reconnaissance through some of the more interesting Worcester triple decker neighborhoods.

Just a Minor Traffic Issue
I returned home after work to find her majesty holding court out on deckzilla. For some unknown reason she loves splashing water especially if my wife or I are within range. I finally convinced my aquatically inclined descendant to join me in planting my wife’s latest garden acquisitions. She’s gotten the digging part down pat. I just wish she would not keep excavating what we’d just planted but it was too much fun. It’s funny how the simple mundane tasks of squiring a 19 month hold so much fascination as a grandparent. I’m now regretting I didn’t spend more time reveling in the extensive experience my own kids offered back in the day. Of course, back then, I was just trying to figure the process out and insure they survived my novice efforts.
Shopping Training

She Loves Clothes Fresh out of the Dryer


Bath time Adventures


No comments:

Post a Comment