Sunday, December 18, 2016

Storm Cellar

Teething Past
Instead of a long anticipated thunder run to Keene I had to content myself with a long day hibernating down in the Man Cave. Two old movies fell by the wayside as I waited for the snow to stop so I could deploy my new toy – the snow blower. That happened around noon time (a little over six inches) and I tried to get out fast enough that the subsequent freezing rain didn’t weigh it down. I had a lot of fun.  I now that’s hard to understand but I still feel like I’m getting over by not having to shovel.
Outside Playing Yesterday
I had so much fun that I knocked out the driveways of three neighbors as well. My wife just shook her head, not understanding why anyone would choose to be out in sub-freezing weather for any reason whatsoever. It was a really weird day weather wise. After a seemingly long stretch of absolutely frigid temperatures it got steadily warmer throughout the day and into the night. By this morning a lot of the snow is gone, but not before I had the chance to throw it around!
Seeing if I can Knock Over the Mail Box


My wife was decisively engaged with a Christmas surprise that will be unveiled on Christmas Eve so not a lot of interference with my Man Cave time. She did come down long enough to order me to clean up the present wrapping station which was approaching disaster status. She also cast aspersions on my movie choices but that was to be expected.

Best Buds
The First Blog Reader was back on her game in California having recovered from the latest bout of teething pain. She’s taken after her mother in another aspect. Whenever her father is trying to catch a nap she invariably finds a way into the room and launches herself at him. I can remember so many times waking up to her mother prying open my sleeping eyes and wondering why we weren’t having fun together. It’s impossible to be annoyed at the situation. It’s a father daughter kind of thing.
Pee Wee Trynig to Escape

He is Loved Though - Despite all the Grabbing

Trying to Catch Bubbles at Music Class

Stylin

Watching the World Go By




No comments:

Post a Comment