Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Overseas Pain Cannot Dampen

This Lady Arrives Thursday
The Middle East idiots are reaching out to try and disrupt the holiday season with some of their usual flailing. The Christmas Market attack in Berlin is another example of a flawed belief system that can only lash out because it needs an enemy to distract from the failure of its own message (sounds like a recent successful presidential campaign but I digress). Western democracy is stronger than the medieval “thinkers” who planned this atrocity can truly appreciate. We’ll take this blow and continue to celebrate the season of peace. The people of Germany will rise above this and continue their lives as testament went to the power of freedom. My thoughts are with the citizens of Berlin. I wish I could hop a plane to patronize their Christmas market; I have some great memories of the Frankfurt Christmas market from my two Decembers there oh so many years ago.
The Russian ambassador to Turkey was also zapped yesterday in a brazen attack. The Russians, unless they’ve changed a lot since I got to know them during my military career, will not react like we would. They’ll be going after the families of the assassin and anybody remotely related to him. This is the first Russian ambassador killed since the 1920s; there’s a reason for that and a soon to be extinct Turkish clan is about to learn why.
Already Quite the Ham
My wife continued her relentless attack on my waistline yesterday with two more batches of Christmas cookies which I was “forced” to test. Oh, the humanity. She’s become a huge devotee of the Hallmark channel and the sappy Christmas movies they’re showing non-stop. When I asked why she was watching the same movie over again she said it was a different movie with some of the same actors. She’s really into deep sentiment upon which the Hallmark channel preys incessantly.
Reacquainting with Thanksgiving Freinds

I’m now required to remove my shoes upon entering the house. She’s created as near a pristine floor as possible in anticipation of granddaughter arrival on Thursday. I haven’t had to do this Hawaii and I’m feeling very Japanese. Buddy is the obvious target of her cleanliness efforts and has been ordered not to shed during the duration of the Californians’ visit. He’ll probably be as successful as I will be in staying out of trouble in that area.

A bunch of new photos from California arrived. They had a get together with the folks from San Diego they spent Thanksgiving with. It’s obvious my granddaughter remembered the two young girls who so captivated her over Turkey day. She’s turning into quite the social butterfly. This is me hardly being able to wait for Thursday evening.
Such a Flirt

Loves her Daddy

Probably Best to Leave Sandals in Cali





No comments:

Post a Comment